***Official Thread for 2020 BSMD applicants***

DeBakey HS Houston Premedical Academy’s BCM interview will be on 3/13 (their interviews always fall on the Fri before HISD spring break). Baylor2 interviews with BCM will be on 3/20 this year. HPA kids get their results at the end of March. I’m assuming Baylor2 kids get theirs a week or two after (early April). Rice-Baylor interviews and results come out much later.

Does anybody know the TWO interview dates (one in February and the other in March) Upstate Medical Univ is currently offering? Thanks!

@NoviceDad , I sent you a PM. Please review it when you get a chance.

@GoldenRock I found your posting from 2016. Should i post it here for benefit of all ?

Yes, please.

This is from @GoldenRock posted on 2016. Some things might have changed.

Dates for interviews

1/12: VCU rejection / interview notification (exactly the same date this year also)
1/19: Temple notification (this year it came y’day 1/18)
1/21 to Mid Feb - NW HPME - This year it started today 1/19. It sent today invitation and also rejection for some.
1/21: Rochester rejection / interview
Jan 20th - 31st:
Pretty much RPI/AMC notifies about supp or rejection and hence AMC notifies interview for Union and RPI
Pretty much LeHigh, Villanova and Drexel notifies rejection / interview
1/31: Case PPSP interview

These 3 programs which are hard to know the status : Need LOT of patience.
Penn State: Invitation continues at least till Jan end. But interview is only 1 day on 2/10
BU: Still sends by Jan end and even early Feb (Late March it sent rejection notification)
TCNJ: Very interesting, even on 1/21 some folks got TCNJ 1st round interview, by Mid Feb NJMS interview

Feb:.
UPitt: 2/17
Conn: Mid Feb to Late Feb

March:
Brown: Only mid march (Alumini interview for UG should take place much before this). No MD interview.
Only on 3/25 Rice/Baylor notification for interview (it happens 2-3 days after their UG admission notification)
Wash: In March but did not see many posts on this.

I believe Case is releasing interview decisions around 2/15, so interview date will be much later than in 2016.

Regarding Case, I found a detail 2019 post (#3) here:
http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/case-western-reserve-university/2157717-what-does-it-take-to-be-a-part-of-case-westerns-ppsp-program.html#latest

Hope it shed some light.

Anyone get Brown PLME alumni interviews yet?

I applied late to brown (Dec 12) and today I received an email saying there are no slots for alumni interview (sf bay area) and asked to submit video.

See the post 2862 in 2019 thread.

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/discussion/comment/21960836#Comment_21960836

Brown alumni interviews are not tied to PLME.

Congratulations on getting those interviews. If you are comfortable can you share your stats ? We are also still waiting for GW. Hopeful for GW and BU. Let’s see. My DD did a summer program at BU and has a recommendation letter from one of BU Phd professors, so I was kind of certain we may get an interview from BU. Nothing yet. Hope they are not done sending invites.

NJMS interviews are out, good luck all!

@peebu2024

Did you get the interview email from NJMS? Yesterday, you posted that your application has been forwarded to NJMS by Rutgers-Newark. Is this different than that?

@peebu2024 and anyone else. NJMS is sending out interviews for Rutgers Newark only? Or any other feeder too? TCNJ and NJIT no news yet after initial interview. Any body heard anything?

Just got REMs email notification
Got rejected not moving to finalists.

This is a different email from NJMS asking to schedule the interview with NJMS

BSMD2020Tired

Applied only to Rutgers, so not sure about other feeder schools

BSMD mom

Thank you @peebu2024