***Official Thread for 2020 BSMD applicants***

GW reject

Yeah, both are good options, better than say going to UVA or similar and struggling (as long as no second thoughts about possibly choosing another career for reasons like more money making, faster settling, less expensive etc)

Sorry for typo

Are all Cincinnati BS MD invites out ?

D/s did not get invite which is strange as we got invites from other 3 BS MD programs (NU, REMS, BU) which are Higher ranked than Cincinnati ?

Just curious as to what profile Cincinnati is looking for as we are out of state ? Any stats as to how many out of state they invite for interview ?

Thatā€™s really awesome ! Congratulations. Would love to know your stats if thatā€™s ok.

ACT36
Sat 1580
Sat subject : math, bio , chem, phy ā€” all perfect 800
UW GPA 4.0
11 APā€™s all A
NM semifinalist
average research and volunteer experience

Thank you !! Good luck to D/s.

My Dc has very similar stats and bummed that we didnā€™t get GW or Pitt GAP interview so far. Waiting for NU. Havenā€™t heard from BU either.

Yes been lucky so far but again nothing is guaranteed as NU selects 20 out of 120 and REMs 10 out of 50. (REMs why two days of interview ?? do they want to test if student can accommodate to the weather in Rochester ?

d/s not very excited for missing almost
a week from school this month and wants to skip REMS interview. We will decide soon and send them email so that some one else can get interview opportunity.

@mi2019

Good choices. Do the REMS interview if you can.

When was your BU interview. I had mine today.

@sammyGA

What time was your medical school interview today afternoon? Our was last one. Sorry cannot provide details. You must have met him in the morning session. He did not do very well in morning session but the med school interview in the afternoon was good for him. May be he likes BU medical school more than undergrad. How much the undergrad interview weighs at BU ???

I believe roughly equally.

@mi2019

Iā€™m sure he did great. It is hard to self-evaluate our own performance. I believe both interviews are weighted equally.

I was in group 2 in the morning and group 1 in the afternoon.

Are you from Michigan?

@kush22 Your DC has great statistics. I donā€™t really know what the schools are looking for anymore. I have a request that if people receive an interview to let the rest of us on here know so we can cross the schools off our list. Iā€™m waiting for FAU, OU, Stonybrook and Hofstra. Thank you to everyone who have posted when they received their interviews. I will return the favor if I receive interview(s).

@mi2019

UCinncinati has ~ 2 seats for OOS students, so do not think too much into not receiving any interview invite.

Congratulations on the other 3 invites.

Re: URoch

Unless of course you have an acceptance from another program and have already ruled URoch out, my suggestion is do NOT decline the invite just because you have to spend 2 days at URoch.
In the grand scheme of things, 2 days of school work can be caught up relatively easily.
Also, it is rare they invite someone else just because you declined the interview slot.

@sammyGA @mi2019

How was the vibe at BU?
What stood out for you?

@brainbuilder02 Congratulations for UPitt GAP ! What other 4 did u get interview for.

@mi2019 congratulations on all of the interviews. If u do not mind can you share your stats and ECā€™s. And did you applied to Brown PLME and if you did did you get any alumni interview at all. I know they do not offer interviews for PLME.

@sammyGA

yes. sorry cannot share details

@NoviceDad

I am a parent and I think child liked BU med school. My analysis is that his afternoon interviewer took time and was understanding. You know how these high school kids analyze. We will see what comes our way by April end. Still waiting on Upitt and rice Baylor

The faculty and doctors at BU med school are known to be giving their full attention to students and patient care, not just doing their job. That is the culture there.
Not surprising that is reflected in that interviewerā€™s gesture.
Can be also corrabarated by the times higher subject rankings for medicine where BU was given high rating for Teaching (among 3 or 4 other categories, which are all factored in to arrive at overall rating)

Have been asked to send video for Brown PLME since alumni interview schedule was not available. Wonder how that would be evaluated?

Called Stonybrook, I was told that they get close to 2000 applications, interview close to 50 and take 5-10 every year. As everywhere else, numbers too tight