***Official Thread for 2020 BSMD applicants***

Hi all

Does anyone know how many % of kids from SLU Med scholars program make it to their Med school. I know it is EAP, too expensive etc but we are planning for some worst case scenario options :slight_smile:

Thanks

@mi2019

Not wanting or expecting you to share details in a public forum or a PM. Just wondered about Michigan from your handle… Anyways, I did not bump into anyone from Michigan so your DC and I remain anonymous.

Pitt and R/B interviews are out…

@usbsmd2020

sorry just saw your post

Yes applied PLME RD no interview invite from alumni.

@tjmed20 Group

We called Hofstra, and they said that would send out interview invites the end of Feb! Also, does anyone know when Stony Brook will send interview invites?

Thank you @uravgperson.

Does anyone know what the GW interviews are like? I have mine on Monday. Will it be conversational like BU?

Also, do any of you know how acceptances are made after the interview? Like is everyone on an equal playing field during the interview or do they still consider the rest of your app?

Any one on this forum has received Upitt or rice Baylor interviews as from last year threads they seem to come out after middle of feb.

@bsmdparent1234 Wow, end of February is really late as they wrote on their website that the interview dates would be 3/2, 3/4, 3/6, and 3/9. https://www.hofstra.edu/admission/adm_4plus4.html

@mi2019 I believe @brainbuilder02 received UPitt interview yesterday. @SpeedSkater announced Rice/Baylor notifications came out on 1/29.

Regular MD route fills most seats in T20 medical schools not BS/MD programs. Of course, one can not be totally risk-averse in that case.
For MD, students are considered independent from parents for need-based financial aid (mostly loans). MD school do expect a certain contribution from parents. Some MD schools may offer a few merit based aid. It depends on individual schools.
If you really want debt free MD, go via regular route MD/PhD. BS/MD is not the way for MD/PhD.

@uravgperson - One more questions regarding UConn, in the group interview format, will there be more than one interviewee in addition to multiple interviewers?

If you prefer T20 medical schools like NU, WSTL, why even bother or care about Univ of Cincinnati ? Schools choose students based on their own criteria and preferences. Your DS’s profile ( apart from what you have you posted here ) may not fit well with them. They may want to protect their yield (i.e. maximize the chances that whom they offer positions will most likely join).

@grtd2010

Thanks good know the yield protection strategy of these programs.

Group interview probably means more than one candidate interviewed together.

Don’t think that is the reason for Cincy. As @NoviceDad pointed out, if they have 2 slots open for OOS candidates, how many are they going to invite? Out of how many OOS candidates applying? And within those candidates, what are the factors they give priorities to?

When does WASHU (USP) send out interviews ? I have Rejection form REMs and Rice/Baylor and Pitt Gap So far. Looks like NW HPMe is also going to be a reject since only one batch of inivtes left.

Can someone provide more details on University at Albany/SUNY. How can someone apply to their Honors program at Albany? They hardly has any details on their website. Is there any requirement on major for their BS/MD?

@tjmed20 Yes, multiple interviewers with multiple interviewees

@uravgperson Thank you.