***Official Thread for 2020 BSMD applicants***

Question about NJMS BSMD admittance… Does NJMS offer aceptances on a rollong basis or at the end, after they already finish with all the interviews? We are OOS and C was in the last batch of NJIT interviews. So, the assumption is that if C was in the last batch from NJIT to NJMS and will therefore have to wait a while.

Hello GK
Thanks for the information on UPitt. Do you know if they send rejection letters if not selected for the interview

@junebug20, how do you know your c was in the last batch of interviews at njms through njit. Was that conveyed by the admission officers when you were there for you c’s interview? My c was forwarded through njit & still waiting for interview invite from njms. Should we just give up all hopes for interview invite by njms at this point? Is njms done inviting for interviews this app cycle?

@junebug20 Based on 2019 thread, looks like the NJMS acceptance communications started around March 29th

@theman2567

NJMS won’t care about your interviews at feeder schools. They review your candidacy by themselves and decide whether to to invite or not for interview. If selected and offered acceptance, you are at liberty to choose where to attend the undergrad at. No need of asking them that at the interview.

RPI is certainly a tough school, but wouldn’t be prohibitively difficult. I imagine 90% of students will make it to AMC. Think the gpa requirement is 3.5.

@rithu123 , based on last year’s feedback, Pitt does not send rejection letters.

Thank you

We are OOS and the NJIT interviews were scheduled to be over Skype two weeks after the first NJIT on-campus interview. C’s NJIT interview was on Fri 12/13 and got an email from NJIT on 1/28 that they are forwarding to NJMS. I’m assuming this rolling. We are awaiting an interview but since C was one of the last one done by NJIT, I understand the wait If invited probably will be one of the last one invited. Wondering aloud if there were a lot of qualified candidates, being the last ones could mean no more room for C, especially if NJMS does rolling admission Someone here just pointed out that NJMS acceptance notifications come out at the end of March. Will they send out rejection as they decide whether to invite or pass you by? I just don’t understand why a lot of programs don’t bother to send anything. For example, the only way you got a rejection letter from the Rice-Baylor program is is you are among the few hundreds Rice sent to Baylor for further paring down. C got one while others on this forum still don’t know if the R-B interview invites have gone out. I hope NJMS doesn’t operate that way. I’d like to know one way or another.

I have noticed that no one on this board reported not-being forwarded to NJMS from NJIT. Did NJIT forward everyone of you? I suggest those NJIT students to check with NJMS to see your status. Please let us know what they say. Thanks!

Does UMKC require students to bring a picture to interview? Thanks!

@junebug20

If you don’t here anything in a week or so just call up NJIT program folks asking if they have heard anything back. They may say NJMS will contact the applicants directly, but no harm in checking.

@junebug20
Are you sure that Rice/Baylor only sent rejection letters if we were forwarded to Baylor (how do yk)?
I’m thinking this means that we’re accepted to Rice then right?

My son got rejection letter on U Pitt med school last Friday.

U Pitt med school gap rejections did go out 2 days ago. The emails maybe for some went to a spam folder possibly.

Rice admission results have not come out. Possible to be rejected by both or reject Baylor but admit to Rice.

The interviewer only knew the basics about PLME - so there was not much discussions about it - just a brief - why are you interested in PLME.

I go to one of the most competitive school districts in NJ (WW PLB) where there are multiple people that may be applying. How would Medical schools differentiate between candidates from the same school

@rithu123 yes received email from UPitt GAP not moving forward so rejection.

C’s rejection letter came from BCM on 1/29

The Baylor College of Medicine Admissions Committee has just completed a careful evaluation of your application for the Rice/Baylor Medical Scholars Program. We regret to inform you that you were not selected to interview for the program.

This year, more than 1,400 students applied to the program. Only 25 students advanced to the interview stage to contend for one of the six slots. The Committee’s decision is not a negative reflection on your ability; rather, it is the result of a large number of outstanding candidates vying for a small number of spaces.

We appreciate the time and effort you put into your essays and look forward to the possibility of receiving your application to The Baylor College of Medicine as you complete your undergraduate career.