***Official Thread for 2020 BSMD applicants***

Yes, if you are not admitted to Honors College, you are ineligible for Rutgers-RWJ (4+4) program.

Does anyone know when do these invites come out ?? Any time frame ?

Thanks

Please check last year thread for BS/MD. You may find a few posts about this program.

I am trying to get information about Rutgers Presidential scholarship program. Is it something we need to apply for ? I am not able to get a comprehensive info online about this. Any help is appreciated.

I am a NMF too and I am sure there are other NMFs that did not get HC. There are only 3 in my graduating class that got HC and only one of them is a NMF. My cousin is currently enrolled in HC and she isnt an NMF either. Thatā€™s why criteria seems unclear.

Is there a difference between the interview for BA/MD vs BS/MD for Hofstra? Because I thought it was BS/BA MD?

Congrats on Hofstra @brainbuilder02 ! How many interviews do you have lined up?

@kush22 @grtd2010

Iā€™m NMF also, and I think I would be in the top 7% of students (especially because I was accepted HC for the School of engineering). Is there any other reason I would not be admitted to the HC for SAS?

@kush22 I got into the Honors College and in the email they sent it said merit scholarship information should come out within the next week so you should find out soon. There is no application involved. As for the 4+4 program it is exclusively for in-state presidential scholars and I would expect the letter of invitation to apply should follow shortly after scholarship info is out.

Can anyone confirm if they have received a letter of rejection for the 2nd interview for the SBU-GW dual admit program?

Did Baylor send B2B Interview invites yet?

Were you in Jan B2B event? If so results will be out on Feb 24.

Has any one received HPME interview call or rejection letter recently (last two Fridays)?

Does anyone know what the RPI/AMC interview format will be like, and what the interview day schedule will consist of?

I also am waiting to hear back from Hofstraā€™s 4+4 BS/MD, does anyone know if all interview invitations have been sent out and finalized already or are invitations still going on?

Someone here called Hofstra and was told itā€™ rollingā€¦

Re: Rutgers Honors College/programs

Each of the major schools, CAS, CE, Business and Pharmacy will recommend who among their applicants to be considered for their honors program and honors college. Then the admissions department will put together the roster after factoring all these recommendations and the formula of how many can be allotted to each of the schools. So it is possible that someone can get that through CAS and not CE and vice versa, depending upon the applicant pool and competition for each. Also there will likely be delays in the respective schools relaying that info to their applicants. Some schools do it early and some a little late. So no need to jump to conclusions that if someone who you know got it and you havenā€™t yet. Give it till the end of the month for the clear picture to emerge. I know people who in the past got accepted into the honors college and programs through all the schools they had applied to, up to 3, also with most of the instate tuition waived.

Rutgers 4+4 with RWJ med school is by invitation and their intake is 10. So expect about 20-30 to be called for interview.

RWJ is a terrific medical school.

It came for my D after admissions news the year she applied to Rutgers-NB. It was in a letter sent to her. It is a part of admission process, you do not have to do anything extra.

@helix8
My D was admitted to Honors College from all the three programs she applied to. The competition among females is less in School of Engineering (a fewer female applicants and encouragement to females to pursue Engineering professions). SAS will have a far more female applicants compared to School of Engineering.

It appears RB honors college for SAS got more competitive than COE

Does anyone have information about the Union/AMC interview? ALso it seems to be an all day thing so does anyone know what goes on the whole day? Lastly, I saw one comment earlier about the interview just being an EC_based (without any medical/ethical questions) talk, but online it says it is MMI, so can anyone clarify?