***Official Thread for 2020 BSMD applicants***

How about Drexel how many do they take?

Thanks

How good is CNU does anyone know

@NoviceDad, Can you please explain the reason. I had a feeling that is not all that what it was hyped out to be. Not sour grapes reason, but I was of that opinion from the beginning considering the cost and such. My daughter was interested for whatever reason.

@suku1zar Can u plz post ur stats?

SAT 1530/SUPER SCORE 1580
SAT MATH AND CHEM 800
NMF
AP CALCULUS AB/BC-5
CHEMISTRY-7

Have interviews at Drexel and W&j/temple next week

CNU is not good. They don’t have proper UG.

Thank for @holychild for this detailed information

Thank you @NoviceDad !

@NoviceDad : Can you please help us understand why WASHUSTL rejection is a blessing? Thanks!

CNU is not good. They don’t have proper UG.

@NoviceDad - I don’t junk article you post :wink: The article seems to focus mainly the disadvantages for IMGs and DOs. However I can go with your interpretation.

Prestige and networking matters in all the fields despite adamant arguments by one or two here and that’s the main reason I never agree that all medical schools (or residency programs) are same (unless you only care about money).

@holychild : Once again thanks for your detailed description of what to expect at AMC. Their website says MMI. Do all feeder schools to AMC follow same format of interview?

Anyone have interview with NJMS? Approx till when do they send out invites?

@NoviceDad I really felt better when you said that but is it because

WASHU - USP has very high MCAT score and GPA requirements to maintain your USP admission ?

@OmGV2020

My reason for avoiding WashU BS/MD is their requirements during your undergrad to keep your medical seat. Specifically,

• You will need to maintain an overall minimum 3.8 grade point average (GPA) and
  • Achieve a minimum total score on the Medical College Admissions Test (equal to or above the 97th percentile).

These are very stiff requirements for a BS/MD program.

If your GPA or MCAT are below this minimum, your eligibility for graduate study will be up to the School of Medicine’s discretion.
And from what I have heard is that they politely ask you to apply outside if you do NOT meet these requirements.

@DroneFly
Yes, for those reasons.

@brainbuilder02 - forgot to tag you to my earlier 2 posts on WASHU

Thank you, this is very helpful!

Pitt GAP has some stiff requirements as well.