***Official Thread for 2020 BSMD applicants***

hence a bird without wings.

Pitt UG is a low tier school so getting the required GPA should be easier than WASHU.

@srk2017 Pitt is an excellent school (member of the prestigious AAU), ranked 57th, with a great reputation. It is no walk in the park to get a 3.75 GPA and is far from a low tier school.

Its always law of relativity (Pitt vs WashU, not Pitt vs All).

@brainbuilder02 @itsgettingreal21 @srk2017

UPitt GAP has NO MCAT and getting a 3.75 in Pitt is “relatively easy.”

In the same light, NU-HPME requirements for 3.7 GPA is doable (again no MCAT at NU).

The term “low tier” isn’t one of relativity but an absolute statement that is factually inaccurate.

Thank you @NoviceDad
Your email was very helpful.

Hello @medgirl6

I cannot Message you as I do not have the minimum number of posts.

I believe you interviewed with REMS last year. My niece is going through the cycle this year. Will you be kind to share your insights?

Hello @bopper

I cannot Message you as I do not have the minimum number of posts.

I believe you are the CWRU BS/MD point person on CC. My niece is going through the cycle this year and has been selected for an interview. Will you be kind to share your insights?

You are welcome @mywish4u

Penn State, how difficult to maintain 3.5 GPA

it is for UG part, not SOM part.

@itsgettingreal21

UPitt has a good undergrad program. Out of the 10-12 students (past 2 years their intake is higher) they used to take for GAP, practically all matriculated into the Med School. Maintaining 3.75 GPA is not difficult at UPitt.

WashU on the other hand “encourages” students to apply out and from what I have heard, out of ~4 they select under this program, ~2 apply outside.

Got into Penn State / Jefferson. VCU interview went well. Drexel, Hofstra, Rochester interviews are lined up. Will attend Rochester interview for sure. Any advice if I should attend Hofstra and Drexel if I have acceptance from Penn State.

@NoviceDad

Only 2 students stay in the program is what I heard from WashU admissions representative at one of the admissions sessions. But do you know how many students they interview before arriving at 4 selected students? And also, do you know the interview formats and details?

BTW, WashU UG is rated #19 and Med School #8 for whatever it is worth.

Congratulations @talk

Unfair to UPitt. Its a great school, students from CMU and Pitt take each others courses. Pitt’s many programs, especially in bio area, is world class. It may be slightly easier to maintain grades compared to WashU or NU, but that is not a negative reflection on the institution. BS/MD program with UPitt is as good as HPME but for the fact that NU is a 7 year program.

Thank you!

I do not think RPI has a separate interview like Union. Please correct me if I am wrong. Did not see anything in the interview call.

If anyone could share what they regarding notification of second interviews at GW for SBU/GW, that’d be appreciated.