***Official Thread for 2020 BSMD applicants***

@grtd2010

ubsmd2020 wrote: »
Got a Rutgers New Brunswick Trustee scholarship and not Presidential Scholarship so will not get invitation for the 4+4 program right as looking eligibility and states the Presidential scholars get invitation for the program. Can you get both Trustee and Presidential at the same time or only one.

Why do you think so ? Only one scholarship to one candidate.

@grtd2010 because i am really interested in the 4+4 program so was just thinking since trustee will not get invited to apply to that program unless if anyone heard differently as already in Honors College. And know that only full merit scholarship the Presidential get invitation to apply for these program.

One needs almost a 99% or more in MCAT for WUSTL regular MD. Congratulation to your S on his MCAT score.

@mi2019

Even though the GPA requirements “increased” to 3.7 (from 3.65 two years back), the actual impact is that it is “easier” to score that GPA since they have changed what gets included in the 3.7 requirement.

Current HPME students are actually petitioning to align their requirements with the new way to calculate the GPA.

So far, in my D’s batch, I have not heard of any student missing their GPA requirements and they have a group with all kinds of majors and minors.

Congratulations and good luck! May I ask on what date you submitted the completed HPME application? When is the interview date?

For regular MD, one should choose schools where MCAT score is above median (around 75th percentile of admitted students is preferred). So, the bar is higher in regular MD specifically for ORMs( MCAT 521 is already 99% score).

Interview letter only mentions an optional RPI campus tour. So its not a part of the interview process.

Congratulations @talk, Can u plz share stats?

For anyone who got the Presidential Scholarship today for Rutgers NB, do you mind sharing stats? I got a Trustee award but I just want to see where I stand compared to Presidential scholars.

It may also depend on your school. How many applied to NB and how many got Presidential or Trustee scholarships.

Did anybody get an offer from AMC/Union college yet? Just curious as interviews started early this month and I heard it was rolling admissions.

How About FAU how many get interview and how many gets offer?

Thanks

i interviewed quite a while back, and haven’t heard anything yet. interesting because they said we would receive a decision within two weeks, but it doesn’t seem like that’s the case? and according to the 2019 thread, someone received an acceptance to union/amc on 2/13. not sure rly

Most non accelerated programs are that way, open for their students to apply out and so feel that is the case with Case (no pun intended)

Likewise most accelerated programs expect the students to inform of their intent to apply out well in advance (by early to mid fall of junior year latest) so they can interview more candidates traditional route and release the slot(s) to them.

@srk2017 congratulations to your son for amazing MCAT score. :blush:

@srk2017
Congratulations to your S, you and entire family on his MCAT success.

@rk2017

I heard that 8 year PLME BS MD Program removes guarantee if students apply outside.

is there a reason why PLME does that ?

@ubsmd2020 Congrats ! What date is your interview. Wondering whether we still have hopes.

How sure are you about that? I have read or heard to the contrary. That PLME is very flexible in all respects. And I am sure they understand some of the students do want to apply outside for financial reasons.

It’s on their website.
https://www.brown.edu/academics/medical/plme/current-students/applying-out-other-schools