***Official Thread for 2020 BSMD applicants***

@junebug20 Thank you for that wonderful source! Very useful

FAU invites are out. Does anyone have access to their match list?

same UC gang

@PathophysiologyFTW congratulation!!
When did you receive email? You applied to Boca or Jupiter campus?
We are waiting but did not get anything as of yet.
Does anyone knows FAU send all invites at same time or it rolling bases
Would appreciate sharing information.
Thank you in advance.

@starplatinum
I didn’t get an email about LIM and I interviewed early feb. When did you interview?

My DC got HPME interview. Any tips for the interview? Is it MMI or traditional?

All the very best @MD2028

All the best to your DC @amenmom

HPME are traditional one-on-one interviews.

thank you!

I got an HPME interview two days ago, and it is next week. What do guys typically wear to BS/MD interviews? A suit seems a little too formal for a high school senior. I was thinking about wearing a dress shirt and a tie, but online says guys typically wear suits to medical school interviews (non BS/MD). I don’t want to seem overdressed…

Got off the waitlist for the interview for Hofstra BA/MD Program. Thanks @MD2028 or any one else who withdrew lol.

Congratulations on UCF. My daughter went through it.

You can choose any major you want. 3.8 is not hard. Most people come to BMS, is for BMS, not for UCF undergrad.

Interview is just a formality.

MCAT 514 is a bear, you do have to study hard for it.

You are welcome to apply out.

If you take their required courses, maintained 3.8/ 514, applying out is easy. But rest assured UCF is in hand. Wonderful to have a free ride, no debt, through college.

When people ask where you go for college, say you are in combined BS/MD program carries as much weight as any big name school.

My D got interview request with FAU today.

why is everyone saying it’s a BA program? I thought it was BS/BA MD?

@“goodluck123&”

Dress code for BS/MD interviews is formal.
It is not an alumni interview where business casual may be okay.

So, please wear a Formal suit with tie and polished shoes.

yes, formal suit is highly recommended. Go with traditional look. One of the interviewers at BU complimented my son for his attire :smile:

1 Like

The email we got last night was titled “Hofstra’s 4+4 Program: BS-BA/MD Timeline” I believe that you can choose any major as long as you fulfill premed requirements.

Is it with jupiter or bocaraton campus

@OmGV2020 @suku1zar

Are interview notifications for FAU rolling? I have not received anything from them. I only told them that I was NMF a few days ago, so perhaps they have not reviewed my application because of that?

@junebug20
you are correct. BS/MD is also used as a general/blanket term for such programs. No difference between BA/MD and BS/MD. Hofstra allows any major so long as pre-reqs are met.