***Official Thread for 2020 BSMD applicants***

@junebug20 - amazing info. Thank you so much. Will convey it to DD.

@skatergirl2001

Probably this week, appears there is some delay since their site gives Feb end.

The application deadline for the Medical Humanities Scholars Program is January 15, 2020. We will invite finalists for on-campus interviews and notify all applicants of preliminary decisions by the end of February.​

Interviews will be held on March 23rd and March 27th, 2020. ​There will be no exceptions to these dates.
Please note that before applying to the Medical Humanities Scholars Program, you MUST apply and be accepted to the University of Oklahoma.

@rk2017 - My DD is going to apply Fall 2021. Thanks for the AMC info. We toured Union and she absolutely loves Union and the Dean came and talked to her during the tour.

@NoviceDad - I see your DD is in HPME. we have a few questions. Can we DM you? Thanks in advance again.

@skatergirl2001 and others

OU came out today!

@liketobeed
OK

Any interview invites from Stony Brook?

OU interviews are out.

Does anyone know when SLU Med Scholars decisions will be released?

Also what do you think average stats are for students accepted into that program

Has anyone heard from Rowan/Cooper?

When to expect VCU results?

Anyone who applied to VCU, do you know if they let you do it in 3+4 years?

@futuremedico -

Can you please suggest what are feeding schools for UNE - (DO Program)? I did not not find any direct BS/DO program for UNE.

I am new member and just joined this forum as my daughter planning to apply for 2021 fall admission. So, please excuse me if it’s naive question. Need help in knowing the essay topics for following BS/MD Programs - UCONN, BU, PennSate, NJMS, SLU, Univ of Rochester, Univ of S Florida, VCU, SUNY Upstate, Stony Brook, Tulane. Is it possible to know topics beforehand so that D can write essays in summer?

@GoldenRock - I don’t know how to DM using this forum anymore. I need your guidance if possible. My daughter received OU MHSP interview today.

@YA2021

Try Googling using key words with the name of the program, the school, plus “essay.” Based on the experience my C has this year and my older C had several years ago, there are a lot of essays around “why medicine” and “why this program.” So, I would suggest to have a solid “why medicine” essay as a base and do independent research on each program and be able to articulate why that program in your eaasys.

@machonacho

Only after 15 posts, you will be able to DM. If you are comfortable, post your questions and I or some one can provide input.

SLU decision will be sent today

@suku1zar,
Thank you. Send through snail mail? No e-mail?

They said regular mail. SLU Received 900 applications will give offer to 200 applicants or so and may be 70 to 80 will join. This is not a combine medical program but they offer you a interview with medical school at the end of first yr. 85% of the kids make it.