***Official Thread for 2020 BSMD applicants***

@curiousdog September? That makes no sense, unless they mean they’re done for this admissions cycle. Students will be attending other programs/schools by September 2020.

Any idea when RPI/AMC results will come?

Pittsburg interviews postponed to sept20, very disappointing for the kids!

Totally agreed. My kid was so excited and so ready for the interview. Did a ton of research about the school, the program and tremendously interested. Loved every bit of it. Now wait till September? So disappointed

so only committed applicants can interview PITT? ?

Yes GAP is a big disappointment - hope Pitt will come up with some solution for the students.

Med school is not guaranteed until the interview in September 20. Hoping they change their decision and have phone interviews.

Received acceptance to Stony Brook Honors College via mail today, but didn’t hear anything about the interview. Does anyone know if this is a good thing/has already gotten an interview?

Letter says bylaws require face to face interviews. Highly unlikely they can bend that rule. Perhaps, if the pandemic threat subsides during the summer, they will reconsider and hold the interviews earlier.

Hello!!! Shoutout to any sophie davis applicants!!! im rlly stressing!!!

I really hope.so. I really hope they will reconsider virtual interviews

We were told UPSOM is final decision maker for GAP and they need in person interview and virtual interview is not a possibility. I do not think undergrad school has a say here. I hope situation improves and they can do it earlier.

@bts4life yass!! did my interview today and heard they’re replying back on March 28th

Anyone heard results from VCU?

@2020admissions OMGGGGG . hope u get in. could u plz let me know what to expect. pretty much just type questions they asked.

i would RLLY appreciate just a compiled list of questions u remembered them asking. maybe hard ones u had trouble on.

i hope so too!! the questions weren’t so hard, i dont recall getting stuck on any question. They will ask about specific things you wrote in your essays, how you helped out any of your communities, why Sophie and why a BS MD program, what your strengths and weaknesses are, how do you handle stress, and what do you want them to remember you with. there are of course more questions but I can’t remember all. then the classic talk about extracurriculars and they may ask about family members that you mentioned on the application. Just try to be calm and remember that you have reached a point where a lot of people wish to be in your seat so try to show that you are a unique addition to the class. highlight some of the things that make YOU different.

When is your interview? I am assuming tomorrow because that’s the last day I think

good luck and lmk how it goes!

I think 60

You are no way shame to your family! :slight_smile:

coronovirus impact:

UPITT: Practically all Pittsburgh universities have announced virtual classes post spring break. Asked students to stay at home.
But, it is surprising that GAP pushed its interview till Sep 20. It is not fair when students have to commit by May 1. Clearly the ADCOMS have missed something in their postponement decision

NU: NU have announced an extended spring break and virtual classes for next quarter. they will be reviewing the situation April 17 - earliest on-site classes will be April 27 if they decide to lift the no physical class policy.

AMC: March 9 interviews were held - no group interview; only individual interviewed were conducted; No idea on how they plan to conduct the virtual interviews.

FAU: ONSITE Interviews are in progress this week.