***Official Thread for 2020 BSMD applicants***

To find the petition, please search up “change . org push back national college decision day to June 1st” (CC wont let me post the actual link)

*I meant to say they are petitioning to push back the decision day to JUNE 1st.

@mrfreeze81

There are few (4) BS/MD programs where you need to take extra action. CWRU and BU after they notify that you are not selected for interview, you need to inform them to consider for UG and invariably you will get admission and also merit aid. But NU and WashU, if you are not selected for interview AND if you are a strong profile, chances are less, probably they want to protect their yield.

Things will work out. Don’t get stressed. You need to have 15 messages before you can send PM to any one. I sent you a PM and see if this site allows to reply or not.

This may be an optimistic view. Universities and colleges face similar uncertainties about future classes on campus. It may well be online instructions from your own home.

@GeorgiaCollegeKid,

Congrats for getting selected in UAB, USF and UCF. Can you please share your stats? Also did you apply to Augusta BS/MD?

All

Please share your stats and perspective on the RESULTS thread.
That way it is easier for future parents/students to find it in one place without going through 225+ pages of this thread.

The link is here:
http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/multiple-degree-programs/2167174-bs-md-results-class-of-2020.html

@mrfreeze81

I would not say it is a hasty generalization - I believe it is based on their past experiences.
But do NOT lose hope till you hear from them. This year it may be different.

If you are comfortable sharing your stats and details in this forum, folks here can give their perspective on your chances.

Yes I did. However the results got delayed till April :frowning:

@NoviceDad Can you PM me? I can share them privatley.

@mrfreeze81

In general, if it is generic questions, it may be effective and beneficial if you post in the thread than sending PM to so many folks. Many of us are parents with full time job and trying our best to share whatever collective knowledge and experience.

Is the open house event for TCNJ is on for March 25?? I know they had 3/11 and 3/25 did anyone went for 3/11 at all.

REMS decisions are out.

any movement from “under consideration” at Albany Med?

@ROSSX2 - We are in the same state.

Hi Everyone, I am new to this forum and I am considering which school to go to for BS/MD. I have SUNY Upstate (accepted), UMKC (waiting for decision), St. Louis (accepted), and Albany Medical College (waiting for decision) as my choices. Does anyone know which program seems to be the best for match rates and overall satisfaction? It would be great to get some opinions. Thanks!

Any idea how many ‘accept’ from ‘under consideration’ usually?

AMC probably would be the best from your choices if you get in my opinion. SLU is not a guaranteed program in a strict sense.

@BuckleUpBuckaRoo

Identify various criteria and the weight for each. Example,

Finance (depending on state of residence and public vs private school fees)

Location (& support from family or prefer to be far away from family)

Flexibility in UG (can you do any major or need to assigned major, other choices you want to learn and explore, number of years matters or not, can you apply out)

Feel for the college (when you visited or reached out to any existing students) in UG

Medical College flexibility and choices (is pre-clinical 1 or 1.5 or 2 years, which one you may like - some students like 1 year though it is so hard but some students hate 1 year and take up the stress), it is P/F or Graded in pre-clinical

Match should be the least or last thing to worry unless magically you know you want to do only derm / surgery of any kind. Majority of students who are currently in 2nd year of MD not sure what they want to do.

If finance is important, upstate being a public school and if you are from NY, may weigh higher. UMKC is only 6 years and hence 2 years will be compressing without summer breaks etc (are you ok with that), SLU is EAP and not BS/MD program. AMC may cost more though an established school.

@BuckleUpBuckaRoo I’m also in the same boat as u with an acceptance to upstate. Tbh AMC is rlly rlly costly compared to upstate and I think it doesn’t have as good of a match list. UMKC’s match is apparently very primary care heavy and the amount of acceleration in the program means increased coursework in the span of two years (apparently shortened summer and winter breaks as well). SLU isn’t guaranteed but seems pretty good. Just make sure u can get NY residency for upstate to reduce the costs, or else itd be the same price as AMC

@BuckleUpBuckaRoo and @PathophysiologyFTW,

At AMC/Union, Undergraduate is year-round except for the summer between first and second year (optional if you want to take classes, research, or travel abroad). Summer of the fourth year is only a bit over 1 month-6 weeks before starting med school. But of course, you get an MBA with this program. Something to think about.

With SUNY upstate, you have the most of the summer for the undergraduate years.

UMKC, year-round, but you actually have 4 week off per year. Of course you also have X-mas break.