***Official Thread for 2020 BSMD applicants***

Texas A&M Science 2 Medicine results are out, I got accepted!!!

BU SMED over Drexel. Drexel SOM is ranked much lower than BU SOM. Based on matriculation requirements to SOM, BU ( GPA 3.2, MCAT 80% ~511) is better than Drexel (GPA 3.6, MCAT 513). Drexel will not be any cheaper than BU at full pay. No information is provided about financial aid or scholarship from either school.

Thanks for your reply, I see Temple LKSOM has a fees around 56k, FAU UG if my D gets it is fully waived as she is NMF

UG she will be doing at W&J and then get into Temple LKSOM

Are you from PA ? Did you read comment about W&J UG made by @NoviceDad. He is from PA.

Yes, Temple LKSOM is inline with other private medical schools. Even PA residents get a very little break.

We are from CA, also W&J is a private school-the tuition fees is around 63k we got 40k scholarship so 23k will be the fee fro next 4 yrs.

So I would wait for FAU and then decide

BU neither sends any formal rejection notification if not selected for the interview nor confirms if all the interview invites are sent out so hard to figure out when to switch the program of choice. We’ve changed it at the end of February.

@patelmj2001

BU SMED over Drexel.

Just got a call from Hofstra! Accepted to their program

Thank you all for the responses!

Congratulations to all that were accepted to the program!!! Please post your stats in the results thread that really helps for future students.

@ss2002 when was your Hofstra interview?

March 6th!

@PathophysiologyFTW - Congratulations on your Texas A&M Science 2 Medicine acceptance

@ss20022 - Congratulations on your Hofstra acceptance

@ss2002 congratulations. Thank you.

Anyone else got call from Hofstra we are still waiting…

We have heard that the feeder schools notify applicants of NJMS’ decision early April. Does anyone know of a more specific timeframe? Based on previous years, it is usually the last weekend of march- how about this year?

@ss2002 - was it a phone call or email and who called you?