***Official Thread for 2020 BSMD applicants***

I have request to all the fortunate people who have multiple offers. Very happy for you as your hard work paid off. But there are still some people who have put in same efforts as everyone else but still do not have any offer.Please be kind and be considerate. If you planning to withdraw or if you are not joining please let colleges know about your decision. So people who are on waitlist can get there chance. Thank you. I hope everyone understand.

@sguni_2016 @ubsmd2020

From what I know, waitlisted by NU-undergrad usually means rejection by HPME.
As best, waitlisted by HPME.

@ghytu12 I first got a call asking which campus I wanted to go to this morning, and then I got the email in the afternoon! Iā€™ll be withdrawing most likely so hopefully theres another spot available for the other applicants!

@BAMDHopeful - You previously mentioned in this forum that you got invite to Stony Brook BA/MD interview. The interview was this week. They cancelled the interview due to coronavirus. Since then, did you hear from them? did they reschedule or send any notification to you?

@ā€œBSMD momā€ makes a very important point.

IF you have made a decision, please consider withdrawing from colleges you do NOT plan to attend. Timely withdrawal may help other students.

Did it become T10 this year?

Iā€™m not actually sure how many people are accepted in the beginning for Hofstra, but someone I interviewed with said that the starting class is around 10, but they might take more. I assumed that it meant people might get added from the waitlist a little later. Iā€™m not super sure.

Although my S so far has only once acceptance to BS/MD, he got multiple acceptances to UG and I have asked him to withdraw from these - hoping this would help some kids.

Yes! searching in google will show the below -

Sep 8, 2019 - Northwestern University rose to the Number 9 spot in the U.S. News & World Report 2020 Best College rankings.

Thank you but do not understand why they waitlisted if they have invited for interview I thought they pass the qualifications to admit at NU before inviting for interview for HPME since you are qualified for that still not understand why they waitlisted. I understand if they reject the HPME but then waitlisted at NU that does not sound right.

Novice Dad are the HPME and NW admisisons linked or independent? Do you know. We got WL at NU. Havent heard from HPME

Thank you for your comments. Keep fingers crossed till tomorrow.

probably @PPofEngrDr hacked USNWR site :wink:

@srk2017 desperate times desperate measures. :smiley:

@ubsmd2020

There is no change in NW policy in the last 5 cycles. NU UG and NU HPME are independent. (that is why even to submit application and even transcripts they expect to do it 2 times, when in the current technology world, canā€™t they not even pass the PDF files to HPME office?).

Still some aspect it not explicitly stated, which is if HPME admits, are they informing or understood from UG admission committee both are giving admission (which I believe).

@Vicky2019 Stony Brook has changed to online interview.

Do they care which campus you choose before giving acceptance? What is the purpose to ask about campus? Any idea?

@PathophysiologyFTW thank you for the details. When was your interview?
Also, same question like @BSMD mom do we need to let them know the campus over the phone at that moment?

@BSMD mom no they donā€™t care even if all students chose only one campus, there isnā€™t a quota they have to fulfill. Most students elect to take Wilkes though so keep that in mind when making a decision. They just ask you about the campus because they need to put it in the acceptance email, but you can always switch your campus if you want to all the way up until enrollment at FAU.

@ghytu12 my interview was on the very first day (I think March 9) because I was a priority applicant. There is a strong possibility that all 12 BSMD scholars will be chosen from the March 9/10 batch, as these was the priority applicants who had NMF status. If Iā€™m not mistaken FAU tends to choose a little bit more people than needed since many people drop it and choose another schoolā€™s program, but this is just speculation. Either way, I intend on giving up my spot so that a deserving student can take it and hopefully fulfill their dream! Good luck!

@PathophysiologyFTW

I am NMF also, and I was given the option of interviewing either on March 10th or March 12th. I chose to interview on March 12th. I donā€™t think there is a ā€œpriority applicantā€, because I think almost all the people they select for an interview are already NMF.

I donā€™t think the statement ā€œThere is a strong possibility that all 12 BS/MD scholars will be chosen from the March 9/10 batchā€ is correct because there are NMF that interviewed on other days too and I was able to choose the day I wanted to interview.

I donā€™t mean to be angry or anything, I just wanted to inform the others.

This is something I struggled with when preparing for interviews. What are some of the questions you ask your interviewer at the end of the interview?