***Official Thread for 2020 BSMD applicants***

Thats awesome! Congratulations on your acceptance to NU HPME :slight_smile:

@walter2020 - Please do share your stats/perspectives including your experience at HPME interview. All the current/future applicants will appreciate that :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Congratulations !!!

FYI, D went through the bs/md cycle a couple of years ago and is a junior now.

Your beef is why did they invite you for HPME interview only to reject/waitlist you afterwards from NU regular admission. Every university has different procedures for different programs. What you think may not happen in real life. Please get it over with and move on.

Sorry for thinking that way and ofcourse is going to happen in real life everywhere that’s the life and yes will get it this over soon. Thanks though.

Your stats are very impressive ACT 35, SAT 1540, SAT II CHEM: 790, MATH II - 790 Rank: 1/550, but competition is very tough in NJ. May be stats and ECs got you the HPME interview but the competition may have pulled your down after interview. They probably limit the number of candidates selected from each state.

Thank you for the information and will see when I get rejected HPME email later today if there is an option to do that.

Congrats @walter2020

@ubsmd2020
NU knows most HPME applicants are competitive candidates.
If you are rejected by HPME post interview, NU (most likely based on its past experiences) has concluded you will NOT join them for regular undergrad.

That may seem unfair but remember none of the BS/MD or any application process seem fair.

I will repeat what I said yesterday:

If you are not getting positive news, Remember this is NOT the end of the world. While it is natural to be disappointed, remember this is one path to becoming a physician.
Other paths are still open.

Remember the learnings from this process. You can only emerge stronger from this. Your capabilities, talent, and your family support is still with you. And no one can take that from you.

To all kids who are waitlisted in NU UG, and looking to be considered for UG admissions, please reach out to NU Admission officers directly. Provide your student ID (that NU gave u, see the portal) and tell them of your interest.

General Information: Email ug-admission@northwestern.edu or call 847-491-7271

Here is UG AO contact list published by NU - https://admissions.northwestern.edu/documents/territory-manager-list-fall-2019—rev.-9.13.pdf

Good Luck!!!

@NoviceDad Thank you so much for all your help, I really appreicated it. I guess whatever happens is for a reason and ofcourse there is a tradtional route and happy to take that if nothing works out. Hoping for the best and preparing for the worst!!!

No update for my D with FAU she had interview on March 9th

FAU

Folks waiting on FAU - I suggest call them and find out if they are done with sending their acceptance emails.

@ubsmd2020 so sorry.
Stay positive.
Sometimes the negative things happen in life for much better things later on.

@PPofEngrDr @Vicky2019

One of the NU students who my D helped with interviews got into NUPSP!

Thanks for tip. :blush:

I agree with @NoviceDad

If I am not wrong, NU selects 120 kids for HPME interview. Out of this about 20 kids are accepted into the program. As you all know, being part of the 120 shortlisted candidates is impressive. Be happy about your achievements. Recognize your strengths and hone them. Recognize also your weakness to overcome them. Take every failure/rejection as a lesson to learn. You have all your life to succeed!

Not every one is good at everything. We need all kinds of people in this world. What matters is you continue to improve and learn throughout your life and become your best at what you are good at!

Thats great! There is hope with any path and with right mentors :slight_smile:

Anyone heard from Case PPSP about final decisions yet?

anyone else heard from Hofstra?