***Official Thread for 2020 BSMD applicants***

@rk2017 thank you so much for detail explanation for UCF.

Which makes it clear that FAU is better and safe choice that UCF.

Also I have the question as about FAU (boca campus) or FAU wilkes honor college (jupiter campus) , which one is better option ? do we get to choose between two campus? @JBourne5 ,@Somo2020 ,@NoviceDad, @goldenrock

Please comment on post #739 @Somo2020 ,@NoviceDad, @goldenrock

(bump) I haven’t received the Drexel portal for the supplemental application yet, even though I submitted over three days ago. Has anyone been able to access it?

@kelpjuce

Why don’t you call them up and find out if that is normal and any ETA?

By the way think about whether you are serious about the program with high MCAT requirement (and minimums in each section of it) and change of program duration to 8 years and recent bankruptcy of one of its facilities … Consider whether you will be better off with a traditional route over this.

@rk2017 Their admissions office is closed right now. Has anyone here applied to Drexel BS/MD?

@kelpjuce I applied around a month ago and received the supplement probably a week after submission

@NoviceDad , Thank you.

@kelpjuce , Yes , It is due Nov 1st.Call the UG office and check if you get the link.

Hello, Need some help for Rutgers NJMS/NWK which is due tomorrow.
It requires a guidance counselor Acknowledgement session.What does that mean?
I high school counselor has to send a recommendation again ?(The recommendation is already submitted by the counselor for the application)
Also the application has a checklist for Photo.So do we have to upload the photo of the student.could someone please answer as tomorrow is the last day.

@NoviceDad , @rk2017 ,
Hello, Need some help for Rutgers NJMS/NWK which is due tomorrow.
It requires a guidance counselor Acknowledgement session.What does that mean?
I high school counselor has to send a recommendation again ?(The recommendation is already submitted by the counselor for the application)
Also the application has a checklist for Photo.So do we have to upload the photo of the student.could someone please answer as tomorrow is the last day.
Today at 11:51 pm

@Somo2020

Not sure about the counselor acknowledgement, why they would ask for it again. Is it showing as still pending? Sometimes depending on the timing of submission, they may take a week or so to update.

Also make sure that the counselor did submit it and not missed it in doing it for all the kids in the school trying to meet the ED/EA/BSMD deadlines.
I would suggest that you call the contact person of Rutgers Nwk for clarification first thing in the morning. Leave a message if he/she doesn’t answer.

Yes, I believe the photo is of the student that they ask you to upload. For some reason they have weird requirements.

@Somo2020

I would agree with @rk2017.
I tried calling Jeykid Acosta, admissions officer at NJMS/NWK, but he does not have a voicemail.

BSMD Mom

I will respond to your question later today.

@BSMD mom
Reg FAU BS/MD
You can choose campus as long as admitted to undergraduate program at both campuses.

What do you guys think about Rutgers NJMS/NWK? Is it located in a less desirable location? Thanks!

Don’t worry about that for now, you can use that as one of the factors to decide when and if you get multiple options to choose from later on.

@BSMD mom

Re: UCF Burnett Medical Scholars program

It is like a HYBRID program (considering the definition followed on this forum).

You do get a Guaranteed Seat to the medical school if you meet all requirements.

As @rk2017 mentioned those requirements are very high - GPA>=3.8 plus must graduate as HONORS student for both the major selected and the university. Plus MCAT=514 with each section=126 is on the high side.

The interview in third year of undergrad (the result of which you have zero control) gives it more of an Early Assurance flavor.

However, this program is for HIGH SCHOOL kids being admitted to college for the first time and has a guaranteed seat, hence HYBRID.

Deadline = Nov 15.

PS: it is NOT an accelerated program. You cannot complete the undergrad in less than 4 years.

@BSMD – sorry
Meant for ‘"@BSMD mom"’

Thank you @JBourne5 ,@NoviceDad

Hi All! Has anyone here applied to the PMM program at Penn State?

@17rose I did, is this about the supplementary materials because it says mine aren’t in yet either.