***Official Thread for 2020 BSMD applicants***

Re: Penn State/Jefferson

Last year, Penn/Jeff have had interviews in January. It is the same this year also.
Interviews are held on 1-day and all ~100-120 candidates are interviewed the same day.
There are no alternate days for interviews

Last year, interview invites were sent out around 14-Dec.

Do you believe that all the AMC applications have been sent? Has anyone applied to Siena?

@SAYSA Thank you.
@bsmdgal, @SAYSA ,@Sps3273 ,@2FutureBSMDsMom @rtimesr - All the best!

Son took Casper on 11/19.

Daughter took Casper in Sep, applied to Union in Nov first week, and admission from Union came through on the 26th of Nov. She received the supplement yesterday. Not sure if Casper’s date has anything to do with the timing. They are probably rolling batch by the batch as applications come in.

@nightriser1 —was at the Siena open house last month and they said they will let us know in mid January. If application forwarded, you will receive supplement.

Did anyone receive a notification for interview from Rutgers-Newark/NJMS or TCNJ/NJMS? Do you know when the notifications come out?

Received interview request from Drew/NJMS!

Is anyone else having trouble with the Union/AMC application? I pressed save and suddenly all my writing and stuff disappeared and it didn’t prompt me to pay/certify my application?

I applied to Siena, and I haven’t gotten a response yet. I visited a few weeks ago and talked to some of the people who have a part in the program and they said the AMC decisions take longer than the typical Siena acceptances

@bsmd mom - yes. Over qualification is real. I know of so many that got rejected by lower tier schools but got into the Ivys!

@SAYSA

Guess you were inferring getting into BS/MD schools vs Ivies, right? Or traditional route schools vs Ivies (also traditional mostly)?

@rk2017 I have More evidence for the latter - traditional 4 year vs Ivy. However, I think, that thinking or process also plays out in BS/MD pickings! From a BS/MD parent last year - their son got into WashU but rejected by lower tier BS/MD schools. Stellar resume. All good places gave interview opportunities, but lower tiers gave straight out rejections!

Hello! When do PMM Penn State/Jeff decisions come out for interviews?

December 13th this year possibly?

Hi,

For Brooklyn and Stony brook , instate students only can apply?
D is interested in applying to stony brook.

@17rose

Penn/Jeff: Please refer to my post #1045 above.
Later year - they had announced on Dec 14.

@Somo2020
Stonybrook accepts out-of-state applicants

Congratulations @ramen2020 and to all who have gotten interview invites.

My Son took CASPER on Nov 19. How do we know whether the results are sent to corresponding schools that were listed?