***Official Thread for 2020 BSMD applicants***

@staycalm123 I’ll post in the 2020 results thread when that gets started

@ramen2020 CONGRATULATIONS!!! Let us know please once you post the stats.
Sorry for those who have not been making to the next pahse(s). Don’t lose hope.

Results thread will be created around March 2020 so that any discussion gets posted in this thread and avoid confusion in multiple threads. Understand the excitement for every one to know when someone gets accepted. Stay calm, it is a long drawn process and you never know, you may get acceptance in April.

In general for BS/MD applicants using ED is not a better option. Because if you get accepted in UG but not in BS/MD (like Brown PLME), you have to withdraw all other BS/MD. As @ramen2020 said, s/he took the risk.

Risk vs Reward. That is much more complex subject in life than BS/MD application.

@ramen2020 did you use video of alumni interview?

I absolutely agreed about the risk factors as I calculated this hundred times. Only 25 ED students were accepted into PLME in past. Brown is expensive unless qualified for financial aid, and not accelerated … No AP credits accepted, which many of us here had a tons can be used on State U :slight_smile: So unless Brown Undergrad itself is first choice ( on top of other BSMD programs ) , the implementation requires $$$ to backup :slight_smile:

@ramen2020 did you use video or alumni interview? Sorry for the typo

@asiantripletmom alumni interview, however brown interviews are more for alumni engagement than actual admissions decisions (unless they go truly horrible)

Ayyyyy I got an interview for the Penn state Jefferson program!

@rk2017 , @Mwfan1921 , Thank you for the comments.Appreciate it.It is a tough call now for us to decide.

Hi , Did anyone get interview dates for Rutgers/NJMS ? Usually around what time we can expect ?

Thank you @srk2017 !

@ramen2020 , Congratulations!!! Did you received any scholarship as it’s an early decision?

How do we really shortlist the bs/md colleges to apply next year? The admission to most of these programs is unpredictable so how do you all decide? Can someone experienced provide me list of points to consider? How to compare one college with the other, how to separate those into reach, safety and dream? I did go through the posts from previous years and came up with the following colleges but so confused how to sort out these into multiple categories I mentioned earlier.

OHIO
University of Cincinnati
Case Western Reserve

Pennsylvania
Jefferson/Penn State
University of Pittsburgh

Virginia
Virginia Common Wealth
George Washington Univesity
Howard University
Tulane

New York
Hofstra University/LIJ School of Medicine, Hofstra University
University of Rochester/University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute/Albany Medical College (RPI/AMC)
Union/AMc
Sienna/AMC
Stony Brook University/Stony Brook University School of Medicine
SUNY Purchase/Upstate

New Jersey
Rutgers University-Newark/Rutgers New Jersey Medical School
New Jersey Institute of Technology/Rutgers New Jersey Medical School (both)
TCNJ/Rutgers NJMS

Alabama
Univeristy of Alabama

Oklahoma
University of Oklahoma

Florida
Florida Atlantic University

Texas
Baylor University/Baylor College of Medicine
Rice University/Baylor College of Medicine

Massachusetts
Boston University

Conneticut
University of Conneticut

Thanks

@aliu123 Congrats on Penn. How were you notified? Did you receive an email from them?

I am waiting for decision from PMM too. Maybe it take more than a day to notify everyone…

@orm2020 try checking portal. good luck!

@mygrad2021

You may want to refer to post 416 of this thread. You may also want to factor in total cost of attendance/affordability, prestige of the med school, location/proximity and the climate (academic and physical). Others may also chime in.

Tulane is not in Virginia but in Louisiana. They are known to give decent price breaks for undergrad whereas the med school is expensive.

Congrats @ramen2020 on PLME.

Congrats to all who got PMM interviews.

I only applied to a few BS/MD programs and I’m regretting it now. Most deadlines have passed. I see that University of Oklahoma is still available. But in order to apply to the BS/MD program, I have to be accepted into OU first. I haven’t applied to OU yet. What do you think the chances of me applying to OU UG, receiving an UG decision, and then applying to MHSP program before 1/15?

@orm2022

If you feel you are short on the number of your applications, go ahead and submit to WashU’s program. You have today and tomorrow to do so (for getting “best consideration”). It is a long shot, with the program taking only 8 or so and perhaps interviewing twice that many. But if your credentials and ECs are stellar you may still stand a chance. (The program has very high bars for matriculating into med school, but you can worry about that later if selected)

I think you have time for OU, but @GoldenRock will comment and confirm on that. I think FAU also may still be open.

If you haven’t applied yet, Brown PLME may also be still open? But going by your name handle, it may be total waste applying there (orm). Unless you have plenty of time next two weeks and want to apply and willing to forget about it.