***Official Thread for 2020 BSMD applicants***

@NoviceDad

thanks perfect scores help there I agree we heard even last year 4 of the selected candidates in the program had perfect 1600 SAT and looks like they have high preference for perfect scores which D/S is shy of 20 points

Also we heard that SAT scores carry more weight than ACT

I am also waiting. Git UG admission and merit on Nov 1, but no supplement yet. Have not called them yet.

@rk2017 , @NoviceDad Thanks for the reply.

DS got rejected from RPI/AMC interview today after supplement.As someone mentioned earlier in the thread got rejected exactly after 2 weeks.
Perfect GPA with research exp :frowning:

Again, thank you to everyone on this forum for sharing. I know the idea is to make sure you apply to a lot of schools so your chances of getting into one is a great idea. I didn’t
 my dad wished I did. My mom is supporting me bc she’s more open-minded. But shouldn’t you also consider if you would like the school and the location and not just because it has a BS/MD. It’s going to be 6-7-8 yrs of your life. Then comes residency
 maybe a fellowship
(12 yrs) Just wondering. Has anyone transfer out of a BS/MD school after a year or two bc they didn’t feel the school was the right fit for them?

@seapdx2002 @Somo2020 What are the RPI supplement questions? Thanks!

@orm2022

Absolutely. You should only apply to the schools you would genuinely want to go to because you are going to spend the next 7-8 years of your life there. Only apply to the programs you are happy with and that you would be happy to attend, because otherwise, you might become discouraged to continue later in the program.

@Vitawat345 @staycalm123

Hofstra: did you apply by Early Action 1 - Nov 15 ?

CASPer: Hofstra recommends CASPer. It was introduced this year - I believe they are testing this as part of the admission process. If they find it useful, they will most likely make it mandatory in future.
My suggestion: Since it is recommended, it may be good to take it.

@kush22, @BAMDHopeful , NJIT interviewed b4 thanksgiving, and no update so far. According to its website FAQs, students will be further notified via usps mail and no exception .

So probably mid January as last year for NJMS interview

2 years ago, I read that Rutgers NB had given 9 UG students direct admission to Robert wood johnson med. But I can no longer find that information published anywhere.

So that policy no longer existed ? Cannot keep wondering what is going on. Any info will be appreciated.

DS rejected from Penn PMM
Got supplements to Hofstra and RIT/SUNY Upstate
No news on RPI/AMC

@orm2020 @kush22 Thank you for the information. NJIT honor college decision is out now. Official letters for honor college will be in the mail soon.

@brown2024 When did you receive the RIT/SUNY Upstate supplement?

@BAMDHopeful Thankyou for the update. we checked the portal and see the honors college update. but no news about NJIT interview yet.

I just find the answer to Rutgers NB honors college :smile:

https://honorscollege.rutgers.edu/node/227

@therosea
Received last week due yesterday.

@brown2024 ohh thanks!

Got a supplement from SUNY Polytechnic but not Purchase or Albany. Anyone here gotten supplements from these schools for Upstate program?

Hi All,

Looks like Drexell started sending out admissions to UG.
DS didn’t receive any information and all the portal says application is still under review. Could someone please advise!

@PathophysiologyFTW

Are you still waiting for the supplemental from Purchase or Purchase didn’t refer you to the medical school? Thanks for the clarification!