***Official Thread for 2020 BSMD applicants***

Just got an interview email from TCNJ :slight_smile:

@Bonapartist

NU HPME committee receives a copy of your undergrad application, including scores.

TCNJ interview starting next weekend :slight_smile:

Does TCNJ send emails to people who were not selected for interviews? I have completed the supplement since oct 31 but haven’t heard back since!

Has anyone else gotten interview invites from tcnj

@rtimesr Interview notifications came out late January (23 or 24 I think) my year and acceptances were out mid to late March. I’m not sure if they’ve changed this since then, but it’s probably around the same time frame. It seems like they accept 10-15 people and put 5-10 people on a waitlist (this is something I was unaware of, so might be useful information when the time comes). The total class size is still 8-10 people. Hope that helps!

@helix8 SUNY Albany/Upstate interview updates are in January I believe.

Congrats! Are you instate?

Yes , NJMS is my first choice :slight_smile:

Do we have scholarships exclusive for SUNY BS/MD or do we only get university scholarships.

First, thank you all for providing valuable info with BSMD processes. I now find myself reading this forum and checking for new replies daily now :wink:

Quick questions, which additional app should we use since Common App only allows 20 colleges ? Is Coalition App a good additional App to pair with Common App ? Or should we just apply each school separately using its own application ?

Thanks.

@holychild

Seton Hall program is only interview guaranteed program. I may be wrong, but just check it out.

@ttb1263

Don’t worry about running out of 20 applications on common app :slight_smile:

More and more colleges are accepting Coalition and may be some other type(s) too. Also some of the BS/MD programs have their own applications. Don’t remember which one but guess Penn State, UPitt, Rutgers … ? So between all these you shouldn’t worry about running out of options. If you prefer, you can plan to choose all the traditional applications using Coalition and BS/MD ones using common app.

is anyone waiting on wayne?

All,
My daughter is a junior and would like to go for few college visits. I know @rk2017 , @GoldenRock, @NoviceDad and others answered few questions earlier. We’re not really sure what should we really look for in a college for these bs/md programs in each college and what information is more important to know during the visit. We’re only planning to go for few visits where they give you more information about a specific program instead of a general tour.
I was looking at Penn State - Office of Eberly College of Science visit. Looks like you’ve request for a specific college visit otherwise it’s a general tour. There is a question in the form “Would you like to meet with a member of the Office of Diversity & Inclusion during your visit?”. How this person really helps in knowing more about the college? Should I select Y/N for this?

I really appreciate if someone can give me more details on what kind of information we should collect from the visit, what answers we should get from the admission officers.

Thanks

how many people are selected to interview at Albany from Siena

No idea, supplements were sent out and due back already though I think

Are the honors college and med app for Oklahoma the same app and both due the 15 of January?

@nightriser1 Re-posting #1250.

OU MHSP is a 2 step process.

1. Apply and need to get admission first for OU UG.
  2. After admission, you will get OU login credentials to apply for Honors College. You need to apply for admission to Honors College. In that app, there is an option to indicate you are interested in MHSP. MHSP is a program in Honors College along with Medical College.

Their web site very clearly details the rules and process to follow.
http://www.ou.edu/honors/specialprograms/MedHumanitiesScholarship

You must apply ASAP (by this weekend) to take care of UG app. At the worst case, reach out to them if you have not got admission by Jan 10th and explore if anything they can accommodate and how to consider yourself for MHSP application.

Does anyone have any idea for what to expect from the Albany (union) med school interview? The invite said we will be spending 5 hours at AMC and it seems quite intensive.