***Official Thread for 2020 BSMD applicants***

@imsa2020nv Congratulations! I’m assuming you received a phone call then.

@orm2020

all that glitters is not gold

Compare below NJMS match list with brown and then you will realize why not PLME

http://njms.rutgers.edu/marketing/docs/MatchDayReport4.pdf

And for this year 2019 it is even better than before please compare this with brown

http://njms.rutgers.edu/admissions/documents/MatchDayReport2019.pdf

1 Like

@chasingdreams21

Do you have any advice for what the interview process is like for the LIM program? How is it structured and how should one prepare for it?
Thank you!

@orm2020 you can choose either BA or BS for undergrad… for BS in NJIT you have to take up to Calc 3 and DiffQ for all majors… BA is lightweight compared to BS. Yes my daughter could complete in 2 years with her already earned 68 college credits from Rutgers/community college but she will be sacrificing a lot with her MCAT preparation, honors requirement, major req etc… with 3 years, student can go study abroad fully paid by NJIT… another option… there is no big incentive by completing in two years and sacrificing the fun and experience of undergrad…

Regarding TCNJ, my daughter thought at least 20 might have joined this year… when these kids start attending medical interviews, they will keep bump into each other and a big group chat will be formed like 200 kids at the end…they will have good stats and info about who got and how many…

NJMS is not as bad as other states in giving preference to instate… I am pretty sure most of kids who try wholeheartedly will get at least one admission…

My observation in last cycle. It’s very easy to give up PLME for other programs but difficult to turn down HPME…

1 Like

@chasingdreams21 I have my interview in about 3 weeks. The LIM program is my top-choice and I would love to speak with you about it privately. I have a lot of questions! I don’t rly know how to privately message so… one of the most important questions I have is what is the format of the interview? And what is interview-day like?

@imsa2020nv we’re you notified via email or phone call? Would you mind sharing when is the interview?
Thank you. We still have hopes.

I have learn so much from this thread. My key take away from all the feedback is BS/MD is one option our kids can take but it’s not the only way but that only if the kids get accepted :wink:
Quick question, does anybody have any insights for U of S. Carolina’s BARSC-MD program ? What I read so far is that kids to be admitted to SC first, and then may get invited to that program, which 7 yrs program. Also, I saw that there was 1 student got admitted to medicine school without MCAT.

@mi2019 : Thanks for telling me the differences , I wasn’t able to do a fair comparison beforehand :blush:

Anyone know if TCNJ does rolling interview notifications or they sent out all they were supposed to ? It seems many already received on this forum.

@Mahikesh : The list that TCNJ handout is possibly incompleted . The next interviewee can figure out how many students accepted last year, and how many students will be forwarded this year.

First, thank for details about BS and BA. Son picked BS and now can rethink if BA is more appropriate .

Son has 14 APs exams total , and other college credits too . I could not straighten out the total credits as every school/ major has different AP policy. TCNJ worksheet does not allow more than 1 college biology course transferred from outside :frowning:

Now I see the opportunity that he can explore while NJIT paying the bills :slight_smile: Your enthusiasm help to resolve puzzles that I could not figure out. I feel that I am getting out of the fogs and see clearly.

I am more determined now than ever :slight_smile:

@imsa2020nv Congratulations! When is the interview?

@mygrad2021

Penn State PMM

I went with my S to visit Penn State and we asked for a meeting with Dr. Markle, who heads up the PMM. We got the meeting by sending an email to sci@admissions.psu.edu . It was a very organized visit with a meeting with Dr. Markle and a tour of the science building and small campus tour. During the meeting, there was another student and parent there as well. Dr. Markle gave us a packet of information which gave stats for the students who were admitted in the program last year. The average SAT scores for the 2019 admitted students was 1570.

I remember feeling a little perplexed as to why they didn’t have that information available online for everyone to see. Unfortunately, my S did not get into the PMM, (only UG), so Penn State is off the table for us.

Good luck to you!

Thank you for the response @Phil G! So you registered for the tour by sending an email to the given address? Do you know if they even consider ACT scores?

Anyone receive an interview notification from Rutgers - Newark/NJMS? They are supposed to notify us by 1/10.

@ttb1263

BARSC-MD of U of South Carolina: Very limited info on the website
Found this link that describes more:
https://www.sc.edu/uofsc/posts/2018/12/fast_track_to_success.php

BARSC-MD of U of South Carolina is an EAP program.
Started in 2015
First batch of 5 students entered School of medicine in 2018

1 Like

@helix8 Haven’t heard anything yet besides them saying they will notify us by the 10th.

@mygrad2021
Nope, it was just informational. They didn’t ask anything about my S before scheduling it. Just send an email requesting a meeting because your child is interested in the PMM

Has anyone completed TCNJ interviews yet? How was it?

@Mahikesh ,@Novicedad,@rk2017 and @GoldenRock - can someone tell me the process for NJIT, TCNJ, Rutger to NJMS. I heard you can get interview from anyone one undergrad. So do we have to go with the undergrad whichever calls for interview first?