***Official Thread for BSMD Applicants 2018***

Anyone from Rutgers had their interview with NJMS?

I don’t understand. What interview calendar? How do we see it? I was told by Rutgers that they will let us know if NJMS doesn’t invite us.

The interview calendar is an online calendar that was sent by email to students who received an interview from NJMS. That calendar allows those students to choose specific dates for an interview.
Apparently according to others, that online calendar dates is COMPLETELY filled up, so it seems NJMS has stop sending out invites

This means that everyone who did not receive an invite still will probably receive a rejection email soon from the feeder school(Rutgers,NJIT,etc) :frowning:
This is very disappointing because it seems that only one person on this forum(back in January) said he/she received an invite from NJMS

Perhaps NJMS is changing their BS/MD program or something? I asked some of my friends how their undergrad interviews went in past years, and their experiences completely differed from the one I had this year. Could it be that the program is becoming much more selective? I honestly have no idea if the program is changing or if they’re just late in sending invites, but I suppose we won’t know until rejections start getting sent out.

@bayreppin00 i saw at least 3 ppl on this thread reported NJMS interview invites in the past a few weeks.

It is ok for this one to pass as other opportunities will come. keep our heads up.

It hurts not getting an interview from a program you had your eyes set on but that’s the competitiveness of the BS/MD process.

Wow that’s really disappointing. NJMS was my top choice. :frowning:

@rghanem I think NJMS interviews have been taken up by in-state applicants. I am also in California btw.

Who on here reported njms interview? Has anybody who applied thru tcnj had interview at njms?

when i read more about NJMS, i found the majority is IS.

off the topic, a good news is we have new med school. https://www.shu.edu/medicine/

they may start to take students this July. No BS/MD, but more chances down the road.

@Tanzerina did you find out more details on Rutgers-New Brunswick/Robert Wood Johnson Medical School program? did the email invite come from Rutgers Honors College or Rutgers Health Profession Office? Thanks.

@NewJerseyFan I guess they aren’t inviting anyone from California

@NewJerseyFan I guess they aren’t inviting anyone from California
I am from TX. I didn’t get invite either.

@NewJerseyFan
Same here
No luck. From CA
If that’s the case, like UIC, they shd specify for NJ residents only

I feel like I wasted my time and effort. I wouldn’t have applied if it specified a preference to NJ residents.

Yikes, I’m from NJ and didn’t receive an interview notification from NJMS. Thought I did pretty solid on my undergrad interviews, too.

@Dermerk Same here had an amazing pre-NJMS interview, kinda disappointed because TCNJ said about 80/100 TCNJ interviewees get an invite to NJMS.

Yeah same here, Dermerk, how was the interviews different this year then previous?

@flowerboy When I talked to my friends, they said that they got questions regarding their reason for going into medicine, whether they would accept a full scholarship at NJIT without the BS/MD program, and other medical related questions. Basically, traditional interview questions. At my NJIT interview, we surprisingly didn’t talk about medicine at all during the entire interview.

I’m most likely overthinking this, but at the same time, I am nervous that hardly anyone on this thread was offered an interview by NJMS when in years past, the school has given a good amount of interview by this time.

@Dermerk NJMS decides whom to invite. NJIT only recommends and sends candidate’s file. Did you apply for multiple programs at NJMS via NJIT (MD and PA)?. That might influence the MD decision.