***Official Thread for BSMD Applicants 2018***

@biomeds The email was from the Honors College. Haven’t heard much, but friends currently in the Honors College tell me this is an entirely new program that I assume they will keep expanding as the years go on. Currently, based on what I know, it appears they have only sent invites to students who received the Presidential (full ride) scholarship from Rutgers NB honors college. It is a Global Health based program and does not require the MCAT.

@Tanzerina Are currently enrolled students in NB Honors College eligible for this global health based program?

Thanks much @Tanzerina. GL with your upcoming REMS interview next week.

@grtd2010 no, I only applied to the BS/MD program there

Folks: Understand your anxiety and disappointment. But NJMS is NOT restricted to IS. Last year also one CA student joined NJIT/NJMS. First, remember all these programs are so competitive and second every year only few students / parents are active in this forum in making posts. But in reality there are lot of students / parents just follow and do not post. And also there are population who don’t even look at CC this forum. So your stat sampling to conclude only based on who posted and to say NJMS is only for IS may not be correct.

On the contrary, since OOS students pay nearly 20K/yr more than IS for NJMS tuition, OOS students are more profitable to NJMS compared to IS students. This argues for preference for OOS over IS.

Based on NJMS FAQ page
http://njms.rutgers.edu/admissions/prospective/faqs.cfm

Do you give preference to in-state applicants?
No. NJMS gives equal consideration to in-state and out-of-state applicants.

i honestly need a forum to get out my frustration lol

For the MMI questions, were they medically related or just more about ethics in general? @FinesseKing

Does anyone have any tips for the Union/RPI interview?

not true
I personally know one applicant in this program and she is from california

These BS MD programs are very competitive…just keep smiling and it will play out…
One key question asked if " what if you dont get in through this current path?"
You should say " I want to be a doctor and i will try my best the regular way and keep on trying"
I have several friend who are medical school interviewers and did ask this!! They want to see a person who is positive and persistent. He or she has to recognize life is not perfect…sometimes you will not succeed but got to keep trying

Did anyone else get the Drexel interview? My interview is Friday and it’s an “MMI formatted interview.” I researched what that kind of interview is, and I know this is the first time Drexel’s bs/md program is having this kind of interview. Do you guys think there will be a traditional interview as well?

@Watermelon1000 Mostly not. Either it will be MMI or traditional interview. GL

How many of you got NU HPME interview notifications so far ? when are your interviews ?

Good luck.

I had one last week

Same…

Has anyone heard back from Rowan University’s Acclerated Medical Program?

@Mimic17
My daughter has HPME interviews this week

@EmZoWe I have not