***Official Thread for BSMD Applicants 2018***

@SeamusBSMD - Yes, I have been researching extensively over the past 4 years. And, I can’t say how much that played into the decision. However, I would agree with everyone else. If they have invited you, they already know that you lack research but still feel you would be a good candidate. So, go ahead with it.

@SeamusBSMD If by chance you 100% decide against going you should notify them as soon as you make your decision that you are declining the interview. Cause even at this late stage in the game, AMC is one of those programs that could go to the next candidate on their list who is still waiting if the one in front of that person declines the interview.

Has anyone heard back from the FAU Medical Pipelines program? Thanks

@SV2018 Last I spoke to FAU, they had one round of interviews in mid - Feb and they were going to have a second set in mid-March. The woman said that candidates would be emailed if they are selected for interview. I have not had any luck reaching her today.

@SV2018 I am also waiting on FAU Med pipeline program. No email yet.

I heard few students received acceptance from FAU. Probably the sure shot ones. Others may be still under consideration.

Did anyone hear from NJMS recently? Acceptances or Rejects?

How is the FAU program? Any thoughts?

@JonasSalk Nothing from NJMS yet, I believe the interviewer said they would release in the first week of April.

I know that @NoviceDad received notification from Stony Brook BS/MD; has anyone else? Has Stony Brook sent out Honors College acceptances? I heard that they only send out acceptances, not rejections.

@JonasSalk
NJIT send out some letters and an email(i received both) yesterday to students who weren’t selected to receive an NJMS interview

Thank you @mouse2 @bayreppin00 I am waiting on Rutgers - fingers crossed!

I am waiting on Rutgers and Stevens. No email or letters yet for me.

@SeamusBSMD I do not think the acceptance rate is as high as 50%, I would agree with around 35%. However, I would definitely recommend interviewing. As others have said, AMC already knows the depth of your research experience, and if they were not interested they would not have invited you for an interview.

@ADMission18 - Where did you hear about VCU decisions? From VCU?

@mouse2 Three people in my school so far have received interview invites for Stony Brook. I’m still waiting

I GOT INTO VCU GMED!!! OH MY GOD I CAN’T BREATHE RIGHT NOW!

Congrats, please share your stats and experiences of this marathon when you get a chance!

My DD got in VCU as well.

Lets keep coming good news…

Accepted to VCU GMED :slight_smile: