Ohio State Class of 2025 Official Thread

I feel like I am too overconfident that I am going to get in. I really really really want to go to Ohio State… well I really really want to be recruited there for sports bu obviously have to get in first. Did anyone else apply for the scholar’s program?

My D21 applied for Scholars. We’ll hopefully hear on Dec 11th when the first round of decisions is released. If not, it will be a long wait until Jan 29th.

Does anyone know if Ohio State is only releasing decisions on 12/11 and then nothing until 1/29???

From what the AO told my daughter, EA decisions will only be released on those two dates.

It’s been pretty quiet in this OSU forum! Last year at this time there were hundreds of comments, but maybe that’s because nobody knew which Fridays decisions would come out?

2 Likes

@rbc2018 I know! I guess because there isn’t much guessing about when the release dates are. Someone posted that they heard a round would be going out today but I haven’t heard any confirmation on that. Seems to be just the 2 dates posted on the admissions page…

2 Likes

I’m hopeful that your contact in the OSU admissions office was right! I’m sure my daughter would love to hear today and not on 12/11. You’ve given us hope!

As far as I know, this is the first time they’ve announced decision dates, so the silence makes sense. I’m not sure if I like knowing the dates or if the excitement from anticipation is better. :thinking:

I would be surprised if the AO gave incorrect information. My D21 attended a few OSU virtual events and they all said the same thing, Dec 11 & Jan 29th.

Is there a specific time that they would be released on the 11th? Also is there a date that you had to have submitted by in order to be included in the first wave of decisions?

@H0llyw00d I agree, there was something kind of fun about all of the chatter last year, or at least a sense of community with all of the handwringing and speculation!

1 Like

I’ve heard from people who have been told round 1 is today. I think somebody else said that on this thread. The people who answer the phone at Ohio State were notoriously out of the loop in years passed.

Do you know what time they would be released if they are released today?

Historically it’s started in the early evening. 6 or 7pm EST.

Does anyone have solid proof that they could be coming out today or is it more of a rumor?

rumors and hearsay

so then it’s probably not coming out tonight then

1 Like

My daughter applied 10/1 RD and also waiting for decision. Hopefully today or next Friday. Good luck to all!

Objectively, you are probably correct. But it’s fun to cross our fingers and hope, no?

Indeed! My daughter applied and I sure hope that decisions are released sooner than later.