Ohio State Class of 2025 Official Thread

They are definitely meaningless, I don’t know why people are saying they mean anything. The admissions office certainly wouldn’t allow any decisions to leak. And I have extremely low chance of being accepted and mine is also locked.

They don’t mean anything, I guarantee you.

2 Likes

lets just wait for the offical words

ohio state doesn’t accept ppl by major, only by college, so u have a good shot

1 Like

Hopefully true. He applied to the comp sci major in the College of Arts and Sciences, not the Engineering school, so maybe less competitive.

Ohio State admits major blind so getting into the University is completely different than getting admitted to the specific college. You could be accepted to OSU but rejected from the CAS or Engineering school.

1 Like

My daughter was accepted some time ago, too, but no word on scholarships or financial aid yet.

Will we hear back from honors even if we get denied?

For everybody’s campus question that is locked, when does it say it was last answered?

it was last answered 10/28/20 BUT a month ago, the question wasn’t locked for me
two weeks before 1/29 the option was locked, however, I’m oos and ofc Colombus is my only choice

That’s interesting. My friends that were accepted December 11 all have that question locked and last answered on 12/2

Mine says they were all locked 12/3 but I have yet to be accepted.

I was told that denied by email and in that email they also encouraged an application to the scholars program.

I’m not so sure about that. At least for business. This is directly from their website (and was true on our end):

Students who are admitted to the University - Columbus campus are directly admitted to the college of business major program and specialization.

So I guess this year they are just admiting everyone who gets in the university to fisher. The university still admits major blind and your major doesn’t affect your chance of admissions.

1 Like

Thank you! also, did your email come to your OSU email or in your normal email?

all of mine were locked on 10/28

1 Like

me too same date

1 Like

so do we all think that the locks are a good sign of getting in? i hope so bc osu is my top school

The locks likely don’t mean anything. Does anyone know someone who’s wasn’t locked and they were deferred or denied in December? I haven’t even seen anyone report it not being locked. Everyone’s is locked i think.

i haven’t heard of anyone being denied with a lock, but i have seen people say their locks were unlocked…