Ohio State Class of 2026 Admission

My D was accepted in the portal on Friday (checked around 5pm). Email was sent just before noon today. OOS. Engineering. 4.0 UW/4.68 weighted. Submitted 1450 SAT & 33 ACT.

3 Likes

Son admitted- OOS, 4.0 unweighted, 4.5 weighted, 1500 SAT, engineering, 8 AP’s . Email came today but discovered on a portal check Sunday (so thinking it came Friday).

4 Likes

My daughter got an email this morning.

2 Likes

Why do you think it would have been better for your daughter to apply test-optional? I was told if scores are within the middle 50%, better to submit. That is one scenario, lower gpa/test optional
I believe every case is different. Truth be told, we don’t know what they are looking for.

Son admitted to business. Email came today.

4.3 weighted GPA
1480 SAT
11 AP’s and Honors

3 Likes

My son was admitted today, received email this afternoon.
OOS, test optional, 4.2 W GPA. Many AP’s and Honors also lettered in 2 varsity sports. Also admitted to Penn State main campus last night and University of Pittsburgh last week. Deferred at Univ of South Carolina (which is ok). Congrats to all who were accepted and good luck to all that are waiting to hear.

6 Likes

D22 received an email just before noon Monday.

Stats haven’t been updated since last Monday, posted above, as of now.

How do you see that? Which “school”?

someone posted something the other day-scroll above

Do you have an idea when Penn State will declare scholarships?

The report that is generated says its for Spring 2022. I dont think it is using data for what came out last week.

page 9 is Autumn 2022. However, it is still the 12/6 report. It should be published soon which would include the first wave

It is current

middle 50% range for ACT is 28-32

its updated:

1 Like

Does 14753 mean that number got acceptances last week?

The numbers don’t add up to common data set published by OSU. According to 2021 common data set 49087 applied (both EA and RD) and 32,000 were accepted. 9000 out of these finally enrolled.
Is this data only for the subset of applications?

Data as of 12/20/20 last year vs. 12/12/21 this year. So comparing data from only the first waves of the EA cycles. CDS data is for the entire admissions cycle - both EA releases and RD.

49,807 is from the 2020-21 CDS - applications in Fall 2019/January 2020 for students enrolling Fall 2020 for the 2020-21 school year. So two application cycles ago.

I haven’t seen any 21-22 CDS’s published yet.

1 Like

This is interesting
.so assuming a 48-50% acceptance rate there should be another 8-10k admitted I would think in addition to the 14.7k that’s been admitted.