Ohio State Class of 2026 Admission

Daughter had the same thing on her portal then the letter came about a week later that stated she was admitted into the Fisher School of Business.

This is what happened with my son. He just got the acceptance letter to Fisher, which was a week or so after his acceptance to OSU.

My OOS S22 received an invite to rank his scholars preferences, and the email did say this is not an invitation to the scholars program, just to rank. I donā€™t even know the difference between Honors and Scholars, but apparently you cannot choose to be considered for both, and my S22 picked Scholars. Does anyone have insight? Weā€™ll be searching for info on Dr. Google, but this crowd always has some good information :).

I contacted admissionsā€¦if you are admitted to OSU and you applied as a business major you are admitted to Fisher. This is the quote from website he sent: Students who are admitted to the University - Columbus campus are directly admitted to the college of business major program and specialization. The follow up letter from Fisher is just a confirmation. So if the portal says accepted and lists ā€œBusinessā€ and your specialization, then you are accepted at Fisher.

2 Likes

looks like only 1 person was admitted this past weekā€¦it was in business:

Probably an athlete

Where does this data come from?

1 Like

My S22 was also invited to rank his Scholars choices as well. The program sounds very social and outside the classroom so it would be a great fit for him if he is chosen. He also received a email this week inviting him to apply to the Morrill scholarship. Has anyone else admitted received this email?

Does the honors acceptance only show up as an email? Is there any money with honors?

2 Likes

No, but my kid applied for Morrill along with the regular application. It requires another essay. Definitely apply, itā€™s a terrific program with scholarship$$

2 Likes

I was notified about honors through an email, and money is not guaranteed. Decisions usually roll out in batches on Fridays.

I have not been accepted yet but I was also invited to apply to the Morrill Scholarship Program.

2 Likes

:cricket: :cricket: :cricket:

has anyone that has been accepted received their official letter in the mail? I have gotten the email but someone else I know got their physical letter. i was accepted EA, first wave. thanks!

Yes, via mail at least 10 days ago.

Anyone know when automatic merit will be released (trustee, provost, etc.)?

4 Likes

hmm that is strange. i have not received anything

Does anyone know when a student that is deferred hears back with the final decision?

Because you were deferred into the regular decision pool, you should receive a decision whenever the regular decisions results are released. It should come out before the end of March.