Ohio State Class of 2026 Admission

Someone also suggested by department of application (business, engineering, pharmacy…etc)

2 Likes

I wonder if denials were sent out. I’m guessing we wouldn’t hear about those here? I’ve only read admits and deferrals.

I heard of denials from yesterday.

1 Like

I have heard, mostly from this forum, that their process of notifications are completely random. The only experience I have to offer is from when my oldest applied to OSU in the fall of 2017. OSU released decisions in three waves that year. She received her decision in the third and final wave for early action. Based on the information provided later in their Common Data Set, her stats placed her more towards the lower end of admitted students applying that year. However, applicants with higher stats also received their decision in the final wave.

There are so many factors that go into it. For instance, in state vs out of state applicants. Choice of major. How many are applying for a particular major that year. Schools have a yield to protect, and there isn’t just one clear cut reason why someone may not receive their decision in the first wave.

Hang in there. I know waiting another six weeks is not ideal. Best of luck!

1 Like

Don’t think it has anything to do with stats…know of two kids both similar students and one heard and one didn’t and from the same school. I think this is just a random process.

Same major?

Last name started with S.

No, no one here knows why they release in two batches

1 Like

Is anyone else’s osu portal down? It says “this is not a valid time to access the system” when I try to login on both my phone and laptop.

3 Likes

My daughters wasn’t working last night but it did this morning.

Sounds like they are doing an upgrade. Bad timing!

be sure to check the admission report tomorrow on the OSU site. Looks like apps are up 12% from last year…with some notable areas up 20%+. The actual admitted numbers should appear tomorrow as it is generated each Monday.

4 Likes

@billiv how do you find this?

For those who are wondering:

https://oesar.osu.edu/secure/pdf/admissions/comp&summ_SIS.pdf

Starts on page 9

You’ll need to log in with your applicant’s credentials.

Timestamped at 11:08a last Monday.

Other admissions reports are available from Admissions Reports > Analysis and Reporting > The Ohio State University

3 Likes
1 Like

I got accepted first wave, I checked via the portal and it said accepted into Columbus camps. However, I have not received an email from the college. I am wondering if others are dealing with this swell.

1 Like

No, D22 did not receive any email, only the portal acceptance.

2 Likes

Same for my son - accepted to Columbus campus, but no email (yet).

Same for my son, only portal

1 Like

My D’s application was completed just before Nov. 1, so we were prepared to wait until late January for a decision. She received the great news here in December: she has been admitted to The Ohio State University! She is OOS. 4.0 gpa, 1380 SAT and 33 ACT were submitted to OSU. She did not receive an email notification–info was only on the portal.
I am curious: How do so some students know that they have been admitted to the business major? My D did not mention that her portal provided any indication on her choice of major, which is business. It simply stated that she was admitted. Any feedback on this is appreciated.
I wish the best of luck to all the applicants!

2 Likes

D22’s portal has

Program: Engineering UENG
Plan: Computer Science & Engineering CSE-PRE

In the Applicant Details tab and

Autumn 2022 UGRD Engineering Computer Science & Engineering COL

on the Applications Requirement tab