Online Housing Application

<p>I have a couple of questions. I just paid the enrollment depositi and was trying to complete/pay the house deposit to ensure my daughter a favorable dorm even though she is not committed to UA yet. She has been accepted and given the Presidential Scholarship, but she hasn’t finished her honors college application yet (she is still trying to understand all of the program options to apply for, but expects to finish it today). </p>

<ol>
<li><p>The online housing app shows “no” for honors college. Will it be easy to switch that to honors after she is accepted into the honors college?</p></li>
<li><p>We tried the online contract in both Google Chrome, Safari and Firefox. After clicking “submit” in all browsers, it just stays on the same page with no acknowledgment of submission or any errors. I was expecting it to go to a dorm selections page or a payment page. What typically happens?</p></li>
<li><p>If she does indeed go to UA, will the enrollment deposit be refunded since she will have the Presidential Scholarship? </p></li>
<li><p>Also, would the Monday or Tuesday of Thanksgiving week be a good time to visit? She is out of school that entire week. Or should we wait for Capstone? </p></li>
</ol>

<p>Thank you in advance for your help!</p>

<p>1. The online housing app shows “no” for honors college. Will it be easy to switch that to honors after she is accepted into the honors college?</p>

<p>Once she’s accepted this can be changed.</p>

<p>2. We tried the online contract in both Google Chrome, Safari and Firefox. After clicking “submit” in all browsers, it just stays on the same page with no acknowledgment of submission or any errors. I was expecting it to go to a dorm selections page or a payment page. What typically happens?</p>

<p>Actual dorm selection doesn’t happen until spring…depositing now ensures an early pick date for actual rooms.</p>

<p>**3. If she does indeed go to UA, will the enrollment deposit be refunded since she will have the Presidential Scholarship? **</p>

<p>It’s been too long for me to remember. Is the deposit considered a portion of tuition? If not, then it won’t be refunded. It if is, then it would be a credit in billing which means you’d pay a bit less for your housing. </p>

<p>4. Also, would the Monday or Tuesday of Thanksgiving week be a good time to visit? She is out of school that entire week. Or should we wait for Capstone?</p>

<p>Either M or T would be fine. Have you contacted the HC for them to give a personalized tour in addition to the campus tour. She doesn’t have to be accepted to HC yet.</p>

<p>If you haven’t contacted honors yet, then…</p>

<p>set up a campus tour time online…try for the early morning one.
[Campus</a> Visits - Undergraduate Admissions - The University of Alabama](<a href=“http://gobama.ua.edu/visits/]Campus”>Visit)</p>

<p>send an email to Allison Verhine in the Honors College </p>

<p>In the email, include:</p>

<p>tour time and date
student name & contact info
test scores and GPA</p>

<p>intended major and career (in your case pre-dentistry)
interest in Computer Based Honors program and/or University Fellows Program (if desired)
Also, include any thing else that interests you about the school…such as touring the new Science and Engineering Complex and Shelby Hall. </p>

<p>Allison will arrange the rest of the day…meeting with dept heads, honors faculty, touring honors dorms, etc.</p>

<p>Allison Verhine - Honor College Recruitment Coordinator
269 Nott Hall
205-348-5534
<a href=“mailto:allison.verhine@ua.edu”>allison.verhine@ua.edu</a></p>

<p>What is your D’s major?</p>

<p>Thanks m2cd! But back to #2 - How do I pay? It didn’t take me to a page for payment.</p>

<p>As for my daughter’s major, she will probably be a pre-med majoring in history or classics.</p>

<p>*As for my daughter’s major, she will probably be a pre-med majoring in history or classics. [/I</p>

<p>Oh wow…Classics majors have a VERY HIGH acceptance rate to med school. </p>

<p>I don’t know that answer for your deposit issue. :frowning: Hopefully someone who has recently deposited can tell you what’s going on or what should happen. Have you tried another computer?</p>

<p>Make sure you click the link to View the Housing Contract prior to submitting. Then you should be prompted for payment.</p>

<p>“Make sure you click the link to View the Housing Contract prior to submitting. Then you should be prompted for payment.”</p>

<p>HerseyBear, you nailed it!! Thank you!</p>

<p>Latte: The enrollment deposit is considered a prepayment of tuition. </p>

<p>My D and I visited last year on Wednesday before Thanksgiving. It was a little deserted but we had a great time. We went on the bus tour of the campus with the sweetest tour guide. I love the “yes Ma’am, no Ma’am.” Definitely schedule the visit with Alison, like M2CK said.^^^ That will make your visit even better. Hope you enjoy yourselves. My D is a freshman now and loves it!! RTR!!</p>

<p>Thanks for the info, Cuttlefish123. We are torn on the Thanksgiving visit. D still has several scholarship apps to get completed before Dec 1. If she makes good progress on those, I think we’ll try to visit early Thanksgiving week. She has a very heavy load this year so her time has been limited. Looking forward to the visit, whenever it occurs.</p>

<p>The students are still on campus on Monday and Tuesday of Thanksgiving week. So it won’t be deserted until Tues. afternoon although not everyone can or does go home.</p>

<p>Hope it works out for you.</p>