Out of state/country peeps

<p>some students say that surprisingly there is a relatively large percentage of out of state students-im from california. Why did you guys choose it? I came here because they offered an 80K scholarship.</p>

<p>im from texas and am coming to arizona for a few reasons. first, because i applied to UT from a private school and ended up getting the CAP program like the majoring of my senior class. I didnt want to deal with the program.
i also chose arizona because i love tucson and want to be there for school. i think it will be a good experience, especially since i will be going on my own.</p>

<p>I also got the 80k scholarship but ultimately turned the school down. Tucson is a ghetto ugly city... I wanted nothing more to do with it.</p>

<p>How much does Tucson impact the college experience? Students seem to love the campus. For $80K, I would try and look past the surrounding city. Maybe you got other great scholarships as well.</p>

<p>yeah tucson's not that bad. i actually really love the city. its gorgeous. and why are u telling us if u turned down the school? thats pointless.</p>

<p>what did u guys have (SAT, GPA) to get an 80 k schollarship???, What does an out of stater need 2 get into Arizona (SAT, GPA). Im from CT i dont know if that helps but right now I'm at a 1120 (m +V) SAT and 3.2 GPA??? Is it possible for me 2 get in?</p>

<p>Tucson is not a "ghetto ugly city." Sure, there are areas on the South side that aren't so great, but the campus is in a good area. I live only a couple blocks away from campus and I love the environment here. Tucson has a great music scene, attracting many national acts as well as being home to a variety of really good local bands. The downtown may be a little small but that area is currently being revitalized and should turn out well. There are a good amount of bars/clubs near campus and an area (4th Ave.) that's lined with resturants, bars, stores, cafes, and a good hookah lounge.
Greek life is pretty active and there are some good parties every night all over town.
The food in Tucson is also really good. Great Mexican food and a good foreign food place or two on nearly every block. </p>

<p>It's also very close to Mt. Lemmon and several other ranges which provide beautiful scenery, sking during the winter, and a nice cool place to go camping/hiking/drinking during the summer.</p>

<p>when i visited tucson about a year ago it was anything but ghetto ugly. I'm certain there are the less than spectacular parts, but the same holds true for every part of america. Big deal. I thought the UofA was a great looking school and I recommended it to my brother who is entering his senior year in high school.</p>