Parent Orientation Activities?

<p>Does anyone remember last years orientation activities held for parents on Saturday and Sunday? I know the schedule is due out sometime this month, but I'd like to lock in some flights now while there are still plenty of seats and choices. </p>

<p>In looking around the net it looks like there were quite a few activities on Friday and that there was either a brunch or picnic with Dr. Shalala on Saturday. Anything else on Saturday, particularly in the afternoon? And was there anything on Sunday?</p>

<p>Thanks for your help!
~Zinc</p>

<p>Two years ago the brunch was on Saturday morning and they basically kicked the parents out by about 11:00. It was the last event and they really want the parents to go at this point and let their kids adjust.</p>

<p>The only orientation activity we did was the parent brunch (was OK to have our other HS son attend as well). Great time meeting other parents from all over. Lots of food. Well organized and attended. Highly suggest this. </p>

<p>By Fri/Sat, i think the kids have their own student orientation activities to attend.</p>

<p>Crazed, was the parent brunch on Saturday morning last year? Sounds like the 4:15 pm flight I’ve been eyeing is the one I want…
~Zinc</p>

<p>Whiskers - I signed up for the parent orientation for this year. On the email, they said all parent activities will conclude by 1 pm on Saturday.</p>

<p>Yeah, I signed up for that too over the weekend - but my email wasn’t specific about any of the times for the parent’s program. Thanks to all who replied, I’m booking the 4:15pm flight back. Decided against the auto-train afterall - cost is about the same and the train/driving option takes 31 hours to get home vs. maybe 8 for flying.
~Zinc</p>

<p>Sorry, it was actually on their website:</p>

<p>[Orientation</a> | University of Miami](<a href=“http://www.miami.edu/index.php/student_life/orientation/]Orientation”>http://www.miami.edu/index.php/student_life/orientation/)</p>

<p>Parent Orientation:
Parents of new students are welcome to attend an optional parent orientation program. Registration for the program, as well as a preliminary schedule of events, will be available beginning in April 2011.</p>

<pre><code>* Thursday, August 18 – Saturday, August 20 (ends no later than 1pm)
</code></pre>