Parents of the HS Class of 2010 and college years beyond (Part 1)

<p>That’s great news, mathmom! </p>

<p>Tx5athome - OUCH on the increase in taxes! Something to look forward to…</p>

<p>Thanks to footballmom and tx5 for the FAFSA reminder. I have to do the CSS Profile too. Ick. </p>

<p>IL - thanks for making the coffee again this morning! I checked in too late to enjoy it, but I appreciate the effort. :)</p>

<p>A quiet Saturday here. S is out with friends and H is working, so I’m on my own enjoying the quiet in between loads of laundry and doing minor household chores.</p>

<p>Tx5 - I forgot about the child tax credit. D1 is 18 now so we’ll be losing that, too. But we do gain another education credit since she’s a college student. I miss those days when DH and I did our own taxes. Now, our situation seems too complicated.</p>

<p>Alicew - I wondered about the “back end”. I do yoga but am a beginner at best. You’re the advanced one so I wasn’t going to question it! ;)</p>

<p>We are back at the bottom!</p>

<p>good morning all! coffee is ready!</p>

<p>Happy wedding day to mommusic’s S!!!</p>

<p>Good morning. Thanks for the coffee, p56. I was just about to put some out but you beat me to it. </p>

<p>Happy wedding day to mommusic’s S. </p>

<p>Hope all is going well with everyone. I am pleased to learn that we will have less snow than originally predicted.</p>

<p>Happy wedding day to mom music’s son!
Thanks for coffee P56…
Lightly snowing this morning and in the teens…</p>

<p>I too, must do taxes electronically, wait until processed, then do two FAFSA’s, CSS PROFILE, a school’s own application, all before March 15th. Waiting for one more tax document to arrive. Then mail tax returns to both colleges…some day I will not have to do this anymore, LOL…</p>

<p>Good morning. :)</p>

<p>Best wishes to mommusic’s S and (almost) DIL. I hope they have a beautiful day.</p>

<p>Who mentioned the F word (FAFSA) upthread? Could you hear me shudder? </p>

<p>Enjoy your Sundays!</p>

<p>Loading the PVC with some rice for Mommusic’s S. </p>

<p>After that, could someone point the PVC towards Philly? S1 is at the hospital for a CT scan, due to a severe migrane. He’s never had one in the past, but I’m sure its simply overwork/stress/poor eating habits etc.</p>

<p>Good Morning!</p>

<p>Best wishes to mommusic’s S!</p>

<p>PVC loaded for IL’s S1!</p>

<p>IL, that rice could hurt upon impact! The PVC is powerful.</p>

<p>mommusic, have a great day.</p>

<p>pvc’s aimed directly at Philly!!</p>

<p>PVC aimed at Philly!!</p>

<p>IL, I’m manning the PVC in the ATL B-25 Sky Club for S1.</p>

<p>Thanks for the Positive Vibes. CT came out normal, they gave him an IV for dehydration and prescription motrin. He’s back in his dorm resting. We told him we would call him back this evening. </p>

<p>S2 has a weight lifting “lift-off” this afternoon. He’s going for 425 lbs on the dead lift. He weighs 185.</p>

<p>IL - I’m glad your S is getting his rest. I hope he recovers quickly. And, good luck to your S2. Yikes. 425 lbs.</p>

<p>hope he feels better soon IL! and good luck to S2!</p>

<p>Wow, 425lbs! Good luck</p>

<p>Congrats to musicson & new DIL!!</p>

<p>IL: sorry that S1 had such a terrible headache but glad the results were normal. Best wishes to S2 (aka Hercules) with his dead-lift. It’s hard to believe that this is the same kid who broke his arm back in August.</p>

<p>tx5athome: I forgot to congratulate your S3 on his acceptance to his reach school. How exciting for him to have some great options!</p>

<p>We did our weekly Sunday hike today in 30-degree weather. This time we hiked 7 miles on trails in Rock Creek Park. It was hard to believe that we were only a few miles away from the White House. We’re having a great time discovering outdoor getaways in our hometown. DH did not hike with us - he stayed home with a back injury, but he also served as our personal pizzaiolo & had a hot fire in the fireplace & homemade pizzas waiting when the hungry hikers returned.</p>

<p>I have a small brag: my S1 returned from his weekend ski patrol duty. He is now an official patroller - they finally allowed him to wear the white cross with “National Ski Patrol” emblazoned on it. He’s worked hard for almost 2 years for this privilege. He was grinning from ear to ear.</p>

<p>momm - hope it was a lovely day! </p>

<p>IL - Glad to hear the good health report. </p>

<p>12r - Glad you had a good day. That ski patrol honor is a big deal. Congrats!</p>

<p>Bump back to page one</p>