Parents of the HS Class of 2010 and college years beyond (Part 1)

<p>^Esp. since some of our kids are on the 5 year plan…</p>

<p>Or the ten year plan once you include medical, law and graduate schools.</p>

<p>G#, i will not be there but D will, and sorry, she is not going to see gwar. the tickets for her and a couple of friends are her 21st birthday gift. There will be a card and care package containing earplugs to go with the tickets</p>

<p>Nice to see some “oldtimers” posting!</p>

<p>yeah, Beyond was so easy to find before. </p>

<p>So far one kid retrieved from school, one with two weeks left of high school and S who finishes mid June but is staying at school for the summer. </p>

<p>M moved in with us 3 weeks ago and is proving to be a little challenging. She has mild dementia and when she is off her game it is really frustrating. </p>

<p>I almost forget to cook for 5 now that D and M are here. How quickly I adjusted to 3!</p>

<p>Good morning. Coffee is ready. Waves, pelicans, herons for viewing pleasure</p>

<p>S2 arrived late last night so sleeping while I’m drinking my coffee </p>

<p>Looks like “beyond” isn’t going to fly</p>

<p>“Waves, pelicans, herons…” </p>

<p>Feeling so ocean-deprived here in the Midwest! My brother in Va. bought a sailboat. My friend in Va. bought a jet-ski. Can’t wait to visit both of them!</p>

<p>Agree–my sleepy eyes used to look for “beyond.” Now I keep clicking on the wrong threads… :confused:</p>

<p>Thanks for the coffee. H sent a note this morning that he was heading out to the fields for the big tournament. Alas I will be following along on twitter, which is quite unsatisfactory for this purpose. </p>

<p>Have a great day, iPeeps.</p>

<p>alice, I have a good friend whose ds, an awesome kid, is playing for Wake Forest in Pool D. I told her to tell him good luck – until he plays your ds, if that happens!</p>

<p>ETA: I thought I’d posted here already this morning. I can’t keep my threads straight.</p>

<p>Going to a big lakehouse pre-graduation party for ds2’s group today. Should be fun.</p>

<p>Also, alice, any idea how they determine seed? Just curious …</p>

<p>YDS - I think it’s based on record. Of course, the records are a bit skewed this year because the North Central had to cancel its big tournament in Missouri because of a snowstorm, and ended up with only one bid to Nationals, while somehow New England ended up with five bids to Nationals. I think you can see some seeding info on the USA Ultimate site.</p>

<p>We are beyond again?</p>

<p>Yay, beyond!</p>

<p>So glad to be able to find “our” thread! I had heard CC was ‘a changin’ and I worent sure where I’d find ya’ll. But alas! I found our Beyond and knew I found home.</p>

<p>–Dorothy (as in the WoZ …. not my real name, silly)</p>

<p>Wow. CC gets creative with naming.</p>

<p>Actually, why can’t we get to keep our original name? The way it’s written now sounds like we can’t write proper English.</p>

<p>It was nice of CC to add our “beyond”, but funny that they wouldn’t just put the old name back.</p>

<p>There’s a sticky that explains this new approach. Wow. Just wow.</p>

<p>^^I just read the sticky. They are really over thinking these thread names. It really would have been easier to just keep the original names. :)</p>

<p>Glad we got beyond back! And it really does make sense to have a “Class of 20xx” forum for all these threads, I think.</p>

<p>OK, tomorrow S is helping out at a wedding…friend of the family. He said he may be valet-parking cars. Should we be worried? When, er… IF, he dents somebody’s Mercedes will it go on our insurance? :D</p>

<p>Glad we’re ‘beyond’ again also. I was worried that next May our thread would disappear…then what would I do for that 5th college year?! Glad I have a place to remain. :)</p>

<p>My family made it safely to Nashville just before 5:00. Weather doesn’t look good tomorrow night when they’re driving home. </p>

<p>I have had a busy day ! Watched a couple of ‘chick flicks’ (movies that I get out voted normally- Sweet Home Alabama and Letters To Juliet.) Also caught part of the Fast & Furious marathon on tv. Did a lot of packing for our trip. Also attended a graduation reception for one of H’ staff’s D. They had the best lemon cake with a light lemon buttercream frosting. Yum.</p>