Parents of the HS Class of 2010 and college years beyond (Part 1)

<p>Hello everyone…Happy Birthday CaliD!</p>

<p>Sewemma…so sorry to hear about your sister. I will say a prayer for her… That is so very scary! Sometimes I wonder about these Doctor’s and if THEY or THIER family were in a similiar situation, if they would want to be treated the same way…</p>

<p>JC40…we got the pink iron at Walmart yesterday :)</p>

<p>D is very excited about the iron and the Purex 3 in 1 sheets and she has no idea how to use either of them :)</p>

<p>Oh an iron, hmmm, wonder if D will want one. We own one that rarely comes out of the closet so I doubt she’d ever need it. We are a seriously low maintenance family, LOL!</p>

<p>So far D has been optiing for red if she cares - at least that was her response for a husband and comforter - we’ll see how it all works out as she doesn’t want everything matching. </p>

<p>Sewemma - I’m so sorry about your sister and the idiot doctor! My thoughts are with all of you!</p>

<p>jc40 - LOL sounds just like what my D said on her birthday! And she too is the least likely to ever need to be able to buy anything you need to be age eligible for!</p>

<p>Happy Birthday CaliD!</p>

<p>Sewemma, sorry to hear about your sister’s health. I’ll keep you in my thoughts.</p>

<p>I don’t know the color my son’s sheets yet because we haven’t bought them. He did tell me that we have to go out together. Now to find the time. I only got a 20% off coupon for Kohls.</p>

<p>Do they have a blue iron for the boys?</p>

<p>Sewemma: sending prayers to you and your family. Doctors can be such insensitive (fill in the blank.)</p>

<p>Mentioned the Purex 3 in 1 sheets to D. She was comically offended and told me that she knew how to do her laundry, thank you very much. She’ll be using laundry detergent & Bounce dryer sheets :)</p>

<p>Pondered an iron. There is one in our house, but I am allergic to it so D hasn’t seen it in use very often. And she’s never used one. Thinking that can wait. The magenta color that seems to be one of the only 4 in use at Target & Walmart is the color of choice in my house.</p>

<p>Sewemma, so sorry about your sister.</p>

<p>Hope your son likes the new doctor!</p>

<p>Best wishes to you and your family, sewemma. I am glad you are still having your D’s party, even during this hard time.</p>

<p>We don’t use an iron, except sometimes my partner does for a wedding or something fancy. The last time I ironed I thought I could do it on our new ottoman (I used a towel!) and ended up frying a small section. I did find the coolest thing on
Amazon…it was a water heater upper that heats up to 16oz of water and then shuts off automatically - she can use it to make cup of soup (she is a HUGE soup eater). </p>

<p>Her colors are rainbow - bright orange and pink (reversable comforter), rainbow striped sheets, bright yellow and orange towels. So as long as it’s colorful it will match! I am looking into wall decorations, but have to wait for her to come back from her program before I order any of that (no point in spending the $ if she won’t put it up!). Since her colors are rainbow she should match anything her roommate brings…</p>

<p>:cool: :cool:</p>

<p>Sewemma, I am so sorry to hear that your sister is not doing well. I will continue to pray for her and for you.</p>

<p>Iron? What is this iron of which you speak? :D</p>

<p>I buy my boys/DH shirts that will look good after washing with no need for ironing. It’s a requirement, including DH’s white shirts he wears for meetings. Wrinkle free cotton…must be a space-age thing, but I’m glad they invented it!</p>

<p>And actually the boys don’t care if they’re wrinkled or not, but I try to have SOME standards.</p>

<p>Today I went and found the XL sheets I had saved from a previous kid…ewww…kind of yellowed and even looks like someone had a nosebleed at some point. Why did I save them???</p>

<p>Oh, a-shopping we will go. :)</p>

<p>sewemma - I am so sorry to hear this latest news about your sister. I will say a prayer for her, and for you and the entire family, and keep you all in my thoughts.</p>

<p>Thanks to everyone for the thoughts and prayers. They are much appreciated. My S2 and I talked a few years ago about him becoming a Dr. He said he could never do that because he could never tell someone that he/she was dying. He would be overcome with grief. I told him that we could use a few more compassionate Drs. I would be quite happy for a Dr to sit and cry with me! My sister does have a 2 wonderful nurses. Her night nurse is a chinese man with an hispanic name. She really likes him. But the one nurse she really likes, sits with her, talks with her and really makes her feel special. I am happy that she is in such a good hospital.</p>

<p>mommusic- I cleaned out my house and my mom’s house of all unwanted sheets, blankets and towels and donated tham to dog shelter. They were happy to get them and I was happy to get rid of them. Why do we keep these things?</p>

<p>Iron. I remember ironing. Hahaha- hope I never have to do that again!</p>

<p>sewemma-I am very sorry to hear about your sister’s condition. Sending healing thoughts and prayers her way and yours.</p>

<p>After seeing some of the dorms at my D’s school I know where all my used couches are going in the future!</p>

<p>sewemma:</p>

<p>Many hugs and comforting thoughts from SoCal. The younger the person, the harder it is to deal with the situation. How is her immediate family handling it? I too wonder why they couldn’t wait on the hospice discussion until a family member was present.</p>

<p>Well, here’s how the late night car tag game worked. At least whoever wrote out the rules showed some sense but I always get concerned about the control at such events when teenagers are involved … judgement center of the brain doesn’t complete development (for some people, if ever!) until around 25 years of age.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>So now I’m wondering what “rolling” is…</p>

<p>RobD: Urban Dictionary will explain it quite concisely…(I didn’t know what it was either)</p>

<p>FAP: I agree. (And I am not judging) Despite the rules and even if we trust the judgment of our own children, many can get caught up in “the game,” where “rules” can go out the window (no pun intended!). For me, fast moving cars chasing others (in cars or on foot) doesn’t give me a comfortable feeling.</p>

<p>I had to go look up “rolling”…that was my first time to use the Urban Dictionary…quite interesting…
I guess it is good to learn something new everyday :)</p>

<p>Sewemma, I am so very sorry to hear that your sister is not doing well. I am so glad I read through the posts before I posted the inane rant I had rattling around my brain. I will keep her her in my thoughts.</p>