Parents of the HS Class of 2021 (Part 2)

Yay for her! Beautiful and great school!

1 Like

Fabulous for your twins. And keeping those fingers crossed for S21!

1 Like

D21 in at Richmond! First acceptance (deferred OOS UVA)
such a relief. This is our oldest so first time going through this. What a crazy year!!

29 Likes

We’re headed to Tech on Feb 26th for Admitted Students Day, let’s see what he thinks!!

4 Likes

Really starting to get frustrated by TAMU, I don’t know what’s taking so long. His friend that he wants to room with has lower stats then him and got in in November. There’s just no rhyme or reason.

And for UT, he knows he’s getting CAP’d lol so he’s not even sweating it or checking his portal much
it was a reachy reach from the get go for him.

I hope your son hears back on major next week!!!

2 Likes

Gosh I sure hope he can see himself there if TAMU does not work out.

1 Like

Have you contacted admissions? Your situation seems really out of the ordinary. Could it be because of the major chosen?

UCLA, S21 received the alumni scholarship email. I thought u mentioned the same didn’t u?

Edit: oh I’m so sorry, with so many messages, I got caught up :slight_smile: I misunderstood, congrats on your daughter’s US presidential scholar!!!

3 Likes

I hope so as well. He got an invite from Rawls to apply for the Scovell Business Leadership Program
I think it could be a great fit for him, and he can continue with Marching Band which he wouldn’t do at TAMU.

No worries – that is awesome! I had no idea UCLA sent out scholarship info this early. Congrats!

Though the scholarship letter says it’s not an indication to the acceptance, it does carry some weightage I guess :slight_smile: thanks!

1 Like

Goin’ Band from Raider Land. D’s dorm ( we have put down dorm deposit and picked room) faces the music building/parking lot where the band practices and that is why she picked the room facing it so she could hear them practice. And the Scovell Leadership is such a wonderful honor indeed!

6 Likes

Congrats on another acceptance! :star:

1 Like

Congratulations! That is such an exciting moment :fireworks:

1 Like

Congratulations!

When did UVA results come out?

Congrats!

Great news! Congratulations!

1 Like

My daughter received this email as well. Should the kid write more essay’s for the scholarship?

Congrats to all in the acceptances! I was off for a day or so and came back to over 100 posts!
I can’t believe the number of applications some of these schools are getting- mind boggling. I know this class is much smaller then my S17 class. I understand the idea that kids applied to more schools but it just doesn’t add up. I know my daughter was in the minority as she applied to single digits. I know most of her friends applied to less then 10 schools. I assume some if foreign kids coming back in to the mix.
I am rooting for all your kids- just gobsmacked at how insane this year is turning out to be for the process

5 Likes

I have a student at UT and we all agree that their notification process has to be one of the worst ever. Also, for the rejections, there is no reason why they can’t just tell those straight up, especially the OOS obvious ones. I can’t imagine how frustrating it must be for the thousands waiting.

2 Likes