Parents of the HS Class of 2021 (Part 2)

So my daughter applied ED1 to Boston and was accepted and I actually didn’t think she would be accepted because we are definitely not a full pay family. I thought the same thing, why wouldn’t you take your full pay families in ED? Combine that with my daughter’s SAT being 1320, below the mid range and I really was expecting a deferral or rejection. Of course she is super psyched to be accepted and attending in the fall so I’m not going to stress anymore about it. :smiley: I feel like their review process must be very holistic for her to have been accepted. And just for reference she got financial aid of 50% of the total cost of attending.

24 Likes

That is a great admission Gratulations to your daughter

I hope you hear good news from UT soon.

My S21 didn’t get his first major, but he was accepted to Plan II this week.

14 Likes

I hope you will hear good news soon.
With lot of kids casting a wider net this year I think lot of kids will get in later in May also.

3 Likes

@srparent15

My daughter was asked to write a 250 essay (deferred from UMich). I assumed all
deferred were asked to do this.

1 Like

That is amazing!!! Congratulations on Plan II!!! Great accomplishment!!! What major did he get? Is he going to accept?

2 Likes

Daughter got in UMD Bio and Honors.

28 Likes

Argh. More essay? Haven’t the kids written enough? And now deferred?!

4 Likes

Such great news! Congratulations @mamaedefamilia , @Aguadecoco , @burghdad @anaray , @VRN2021 @Suave123

9 Likes

My level of comfort with having to cook every night is definitely at an all time low. No end in sight.

6 Likes

Don’t worry. Your son will get in soon. My daughter was waitlisted in one school and deferred at another. In the same week she got in at UMich.

2 Likes

Sustainability in COLA. His first choice was Environmental Science.

He is waiting to hear from some RD reaches, I am expecting rejections with how this yr is going. He will probably end up going to UT.

2 Likes

Thank you!

Congratulations!

Really? That is too much at this stage after finishing all these apps and waiting to hear. Doesn’t make sense.

2 Likes

Congrats again to all of the great acceptances!!

D21 was accepted today to College of Charleston with a $12,000 scholarship and to U Miami which was a little bit of a surprise because she went TO.

But before she even saw either of those results she asked me if she could commit to Boulder. I knew as soon as we set foot in Boulder that this was her place, but she wasn’t ready to commit right away because it was such a big, scary decision for her. I know she feels funny being in love with a school that was a safety but I really think it will be a good fit for her super liberal self! :slight_smile:

43 Likes

That is very nice!

Congratulations!

1 Like

I have been trying to extend my limits and trying new things. Kind of fun. That said a dinner out at nice restaurant with a good bottle of wine.,missing it

3 Likes

Wow that is so exciting with an official commit. Congratulations: