Parents of the HS Class of 2021 (Part 2)

Congrats – you’re DONE! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Congrats on the merit! They don’t give much. My S21 didn’t get any but being in-state it’s already a great bargain.

5 Likes

Thanks, yes, it was a welcome surprise! He loved VT when he visited!

7 Likes

S21 accepted to Virginia Tech for engineering! He’s so happy! We were able to walk around the campus this summer and he loved it. He’s waiting to hear from a few other schools but if I had to guess, he’ll be a Hokie!

39 Likes

Congrats to your S!!! A lot of good news for kids on CC tonight!!!

2 Likes

Congrats to your son!

1 Like

@ AlmostThere2018 @ JESmom @ flyawayx2

Congratulations!

5 Likes

Congratulations on all the acceptances today! Love hearing good news.

4 Likes

Friday nights I am logging in with my fingers crossed that there will be more good news for those waiting and more :bell: :bell: to ring when you are done with the process.
Congrats to everyone that received good news. Everyone else hang in there- your time is coming! :star:

11 Likes

@AlmostThere2018 Congrats!!! I’m so happy for him. He’s getting a lot of great options for the field he wants to go into. Makes me so happy!!

Congrats to all the VT acceptances!!

3 Likes

Thanks so much @MommaLue!

All these kids work so hard, and it’s nice when the outcome matches the effort. Sometimes the coin flips the other way through no fault of their own, so we have to celebrate the acceptances!

8 Likes

D21 got in into UIUC CS today. It was good day for all her friends. Every one got into UIUC for CS.
So many good options till now.
Congratulation to all the kids who got in today.
:partying_face:

34 Likes

TGIF and the acceptances are coming in!! Congratulations!
@AlmostThere2018 @JESmom @flyawayx2

Hope I didn’t miss anyone. :smiley:

5 Likes

Woo hoo congrats to the V Tech admits. My son was accepted to Gonzaga with big merit and U Vermont honors with max merit this week. I can totally see him loving UV :evergreen_tree::maple_leaf: but prestige-wise not maybe the best choice if he sticks with comp sci. Attractive if Covid variants are rampant and UCs are closed.

36 Likes

Congrats x2!!! :partying_face: :partying_face:

1 Like

That’s great, @NateandAllisMom! You gotta :heart: the merit $$!

2 Likes

S21 got into UIUC school of general studies (honors and merit by April 1) and UMass Amherst with a chancellors scholarship of 15k per year! Congratulations to all the acceptances today !!!

30 Likes

I’ve helped a couple of CS majors this year with their app so it forced me to look at CS acceptance rates.

I have to say, CS admission is HARD!! Kudos to all the CS kids. It’s so competitive to get in anywhere and I never realized that til this year.

If your kiddos don’t get in for any reason, just know you can take classes on the side or learn the field on the side if they could stick to a techie major. My business admin coworker taught himself all that was needed on the side and now he’s doing CS type work at work. Their dream doesn’t have to end with an admission rejection at all!!

8 Likes

Congrats to all on the VTech and UIUC acceptances. And to @suave123 on U Mass! SO nice to hear good news! :tada: :tada: :tada:

5 Likes

D got VT acceptance today with no merit but didn’t expect any. Also got Clemson nursing admit today with TBD scholarship. However I think Miami University is going to be the winner with the great OOS tuition scholarship and direct nursing school admission. We are basically done except for the official putting the deposit down

42 Likes