Parents of the HS Class of 2021 (Part 2)

Awesome!!

I can’t wait to be ordering a custom Yeti!

3 Likes

Really? For $30m a year I could suffer until I was 30, then retire and do whatever I wanted!

9 Likes

But the avg MLB salary is “only” ~$4m :grin:

2 Likes

Oh forget it then! Lol

6 Likes

My daughter had a great visit and really loved it. Trinity was also very generous. After our tour, her final 2 schools are Trinity and Wake Forest. If Wake Forest makes the decision for her at the end of this month, it might be for the best. We have a D23 and a D25 behind her, so if we don’t have to wrestle with that decision- that’s okay with me!

7 Likes

Congratulations! What a great way to start the week!

You have great swag ideas. Keep on sharing them, please! I think my turn for swag is coming up later this week and I’m planning on getting it all after what we’ve been through this year!

5 Likes

Definitely this thread of parents needs a celebration after all of our kids are committed and signed!! (Gee, I think that sports talk on here with million dollar salaries has influenced my vocabulary!)

We are all one day closer.

10 Likes

Agreed! Virtual Happy Hour on April 30! (I’m really hoping S21 doesnt have me waiting until 11:59 on May 1!

8 Likes

@MorseLewis I share your concerns about U Dub. My son will need to consider this as part of the equation if admitted for prebio. It’s an amazing school so there is a lot in the plus column, but it would be more stressful than his private school options. I just talked to a friend of mine yesterday whose son is admitted to Purdue with a process like that and they feel it’s risky.

I’m not 100% sure about the process for UCs but I think UCSD is completely closed to his second, etc. choice majors except if you are admitted as a freshman. I’m pretty sure if he can’t pivot so we would pass on them if admitted. Definitely some research to do if considering a big public flagship. Taken with a grain of salt there is info on a Reddit.

We will need parent shirts to commemorate the end.
I nominate @Momof3B to design them! :wink:

9 Likes

Sending in my RSVP to that event! We will all need it!

8 Likes

My D is STEM focus HS senior and applied to college this year.

She took Spanish 1A is 6th grade, Spanish 1B is 7th grade, Spanish 2 in 8th grade. She continued with Spanish courses in HS and stopped after she completed Spanish 4 in her 10th grade. She should receive 4 years of language in her HS transcript and met the state and county requirement.

Personally, I would love for her to take AP Spanish and more but she wanted to take more STEM classes instead. You should check with the school counselor to see if the credits in middle school are included in the transcript. College admission should be ok as long as they see them in the transcript.

Thank you. My D goes to a public high school and a junior counselor who just graduated from school is my D’s and will be my S’s counselor too. I know the middle school courses do show up on transcripts. My son will be thrilled to drop Spanish after level 4.

Wow that’s fantastic good for her!!

I know I’m new, but IN for virtual happy hour!

9 Likes

MITWannaBe going to MIT! Great news! Congratulations!

7 Likes

This is what my D21 did. Finished Spanish 4 in 11th grade and didn’t take any Spanish in 12th so that she could take an elective (forensic science) that she was really interested in. (They watched an autopsy done live via Zoom last week. Shudder.)

2 Likes

@MITWannaBe2015 HOLY BATMAN!! Congrats!! At 2% acceptance rate, the MIT ao saw something special in your daughter!! She must be deserving!!

16 Likes

Great news. Congrats.

Sign me up! :raised_hand: My weekends and evenings are free anyway.

The average baseball player makes $4.4M/year to sit on your butt or stand around on grass for about 3 hours/day. And you get 3-5 months of vacation and, when you get back to work, you can show up fat and out shape and work it off during the lazy days of Spring Training. Free food, free gym, free trainers, free coaching, free shoes, equipment and clothing. And then companies give more money to sponsor their products.

And success is defined by getting things right 3 out of 10 times, if you’re a hitter. That sounds about right for me. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes