Parents of the HS Class of 2021 (Part 2)

So sorry…our team bus has barely left the starting line! Still waiting on all 4 of the UC’s D21 applied to.

2 Likes

So sorry! :frowning:

This year blows for so many of our kids!

1 Like

Yup! If s21 had gotten into TAMU this month, he would have already been too late for housing and had to either go into “overflow” and wait for something to open up after school already started or live off campus. We would have looked for an off campus apartment…there were plenty walking distance/stones throw from campus and cheaper then dorms to boot!

S21 got into UCSB CS in state.

25 Likes

Sorry to hear that. These decisions are so all over the place that it is hard to know what they are looking for

1 Like

Maybe in the middle of the list. The problem is that most schools don’t have her desired major and Biology, her default major, is almost like applying for CS.

As @MorseLewis says, we do have SLO. And that’s her #1. We do have a few schools left to hear from still.

14 Likes

Big congrats to your D!!!:balloon::partying_face::balloon::partying_face:

S21 got in at UCSB today ! (Pre-economics).

29 Likes

I agree with @homerdog Amherst College worked the same way for D18 with a roommate questionnaire emailed out sometime in June/July. I’m going to expect the same thing for D21 from Williams in that those small schools wait until the dust settles.

4 Likes

I think early room selection is more common at schools that allow/encourage students to find their own roommate and big publics with limited space.

A lot have some selection starting early April, but I bet they back it up until all of the RD decisions are out.

2 Likes

Congrats!

1 Like

Thank you very much!

1 Like

Congratulations!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/03/16/homecoming-voter-fraud-cantonment-florida/

Why are people SO crazy??

4 Likes

I am sorry! But I am sure UCLA will bring a good news!

1 Like

Tough place to live Santa Barbara…lol…

7 Likes

Gosh I hope so for D’21. She’s waiting until all admission decisions are in to decide. Good for her but the suspense is killing me. If there was housing availability stress as well that would be awful!

4 Likes

Good grief. People are insane.

2 Likes

Did anyone here read the article in the Atlantic about the high end Private Schools? Private Schools Are Indefensible - The Atlantic

In particular look at the percentages of kids that make up the incoming classes from these elite high end private schools.

Add that to athletes and legacies no wonder our kids from our suburban high schools have little to no chance at admission even with the highest of stats. Saying nothing of kids from poor intercity schools.

8 Likes

It’s a beautiful place. My son can’t wait to go someplace cooler. Lol. Looking to trade palm trees for pine trees as I’ve said.

3 Likes