Parents of the HS Class of 2021 (Part 2)

My daughter’s AP coordinator said more info coming, but refunds won’t be issued until after all tests are administered. Sounds like they’re trying to get as many kids to take it as possible before giving a refund.

I don’t even know how to cancel - how is that done?

She didn’t say. She said there’s information coming that will have more details. I didn’t follow up because I’m thinking D will change her mind 5 times before May!

Big sigh of relief in our household. S21 got into the last school that he was waiting for that he cared about. So, we have a top 3 and will visit them to make a final choice. Phew!

37 Likes

Now I’m thinking we cannot leave vaca because S21 is 3/3 on his applied to UCs since we started on vaca. A yes from UC Davis. I really like Davis, but S21 says it’s too close to home.

17 Likes

Oh, the hope that is dripping from this letter feels so good to read :heart:

3 Likes

Via the AP Coordinator

Congrats!!

Congratulations!!

I hear you! My DS is waiting for his top choice (by April 1st)…I hope it is not 11:59pm on March 31st!!

3 Likes

Yes from UCD!! Good to have two choices close to Bay Area!

13 Likes

We’ll just be over here in Waitlistland :camping: With the required essay, I think S will end up passing on Davis, though I’ve heard some good things about the school. Congrats to those admitted. I think it’s smart of them to ask for an essay, but I hope not many others follow suit.

1 Like

That’s a yes for DD at Davis! That makes 8 acceptances, 2 deferrals, and one rejection. We are waiting to hear again from the 2 deferrals, and from 11 others. Bracing ourselves for more rejections from the super elite reach schools, and for possible waitlist situations. I will be so happy when it is all over!!

20 Likes

@NateandAllisMom Davis requires a WL essay?

My son was under the impression that you could get a refund for canceled AP tests before March 12. He filled out an online form and I had a refund email by the end of the day. Not sure if this is specific to his school??

Yes, 200 words.

I wonder how much pain these UCs want to inflict upon our kids.

3 Likes

Good grief. They’ve written 4 essays for UC already!

6 Likes

This is the policy at our school. I’m not sure it’s a nationwide policy though.

At our school it’s through the AP testing administrator aka one of the Asst Principals.