Parents of the HS Class of 2021 (Part 2)

For those who got bad news from JHU today, My D did not apply but I’ve been following anyway and saw some admissions statistics that might shed some light. Looks like the RD acceptance rate for JHU this year was 4.97%. :flushed:

I share this to say don’t lose hope on upcoming decision releases. This has truly been a crazy and unusual year for our 2021 kids.

JHU did add ED2 this year, and I think that left even fewer spots than usual for the RD pool. Add to that the increased apps across the board this year, and we are seeing what happened. Hang in there, everyone. :white_heart:

7 Likes

My D got into UCLA and UCSD for CS

35 Likes

I am sorry, but celebrate the victory!
I will reiterate now how glad I am that D21 had no interest in any of the UC’s and didn’t apply to any of them…

2 Likes

Congrats!

My daughter was accepted to UCLA! Waiting for the CA schools after hearing so long ago from all of her other schools will make for an interesting decision process. We still won’t know for two more weeks from USC so it would be tight getting out there to visit again.

26 Likes

I am aware of all that and more. I was just pondering how time has gone by and the world has changed.

Congratulations!

1 Like

Thank you.

3 more to go. UCB, USC and Stanford and we will be done

1 Like

S waitlisted at UCLA. I think he will take a waitlist spot, nothing to lose.

13 Likes

@anaray We are on the same path today! S21 got into UCSD. Waitlisted for UCLA. My two mentees got into UCLA so it’s a big win for us today!!

23 Likes

@VRN2021 Congrats!!! Toughest major these days to get into!!

1 Like

Congratulations on all the acceptances and sorry about the WL and rejections. This is a crazy yr for admissions.

S is in at Bowdoin.

31 Likes

So sorry, that’s awful

Updates for us, D waitlisted at Bowdoin, but got a Stride scholarship to Smith which has been her top choice. Highs and lows. Can someone tell me what SLO is? Lots of Cali people on this thread I think! Trying to keep up with the school acronyms…

19 Likes

Cal Poly San Luis Obispo. The top state school in California selectivity-wise I believe.

2 Likes

Thanks!

Cal Poly San Luis Obispo.

Congratulations to your D!! Smith seems like a special place and what a great scholarship!!

2 Likes

Congrats!

Thanks, she still hasn’t decided yet, still waiting on some other schools…

1 Like