Parents of the HS Class of 2021 (Part 2)

@MommaLue So sorry to hear that. I think the info sessions are all the same. The classes and the zoom hangouts where they can go into different “rooms” and talk to different people have been the offerings my son has been most enjoying. @Creaky That was the fruit fly class!!

My daughter got into NYU today. Now waiting for April 6th to be done!

32 Likes

I agree that UT has to be put on waitlist. Let them write a LOCI and show demonstrated interest first!

Yes. Definitely Cal for CS.

1 Like

All our decisions in now! I was initially disappointed S21 didn’t want to apply to Duke or HYPS, but now I’m just glad we’re done waiting.

Accepted: U of Arizona, Case Western, Fordham, Oberlin, Skidmore, Vassar (all for Biology or Biochem).
Rejected: USC. (Engineering)

27 Likes

They must be the same people who look at U-Chicago which even students there can laugh about their motto of being “where fun goes to die”. However, not many people are going to run from an admit to U-Chicago as it is a phenomenal school and ultimately a lot of where one goes to college is about fit.

1 Like

They do but UT also doesn’t not have a waitlist. We are getting the same thing from schools as well that my son has been accepted to. Daily emails. It’s annoying to be frank. Once he declines admit then they thank god stop.

1 Like

@anaray Your daughter is seriously cleaning up in the home stretch! This is exciting!! I’ve always been enamored with NYU.

1 Like

@anaray i did my masters there & loved it. That was in 93/95 but enjoyed my time

So, a no from Barnard. :cry: :broken_heart:

So very sorry to hear this, @BertieMom!:disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

Thank you very much.

@BertieMom I’m sorry! This is def a school where a young woman could get really attached to.

1 Like

So sorry!! We are bracing for a no. My daughter isn’t home, went on a hike with a friend, and now she’s at dance for 3 hours, she won’t check till she’s home on her laptop. And she records herself checking on her phone, it’s her whole ritual. We did the tour, she did an interview in July, she has high stats and all the rest, but who knows what it takes this year.

1 Like

I am sorry.

How is premed there?

Great that you are done. I am getting impatient with my D’s situation here.

At what time you will know? I am rooting for you.

Those sound like good signs! We didn’t visit anywhere, and by the time she figured out she was supposed to request an interview they were full/booked. She was pretty set on dancing next year until late 2020. She does have the stats but it wasn’t meant to be.

5 Likes

In a normal year they sound like good signs, but not this year. We have had some surprising rejections/waitlists. Some gutwrenching. It’s a weird year. As we track the results and update her list, we have removed the designations of reach-target-safety. There are no safeties, and everything seems to be a reach this year. We have watched some of her besties and classmates go thru even worse. Just trying to keep our heads up and focus on the positives. Two more next week. While we are hoping for the best, we are no longer hopeful, if that makes any sense. Anyone else start day drinking?

10 Likes