Parents of the HS Class of 2021 (Part 2)

Need your insight,

If cost of Ursinus College, Pitt and Temple are the same, which school would you choose? and why ?

Thank you

1 Like

Yes true but they also have one of the world’s largest alumni bases so that speaks a lot for UM. I know a few people who went their and have sent their kids there that in a nutshell don’t feel it’s any better than some other schools, but bottom line admit it’s a lot about the alumni base. But obviously if you are in their Engineering or Ross Business School or graduate LSA in Econ you would be set regardless of the alumni base as UM has an excellent rep in just about everything.

So, I never said U of M is any less of a school bc they took more kids from our high school last year. Just reporting that the silly high schoolers think just a little less of it because “too many” kids got in with lower gpa’s and scores than in prior years. This is just a peak into our ridiculous high school. Has nothing to do with Uof M.

5 Likes

@NOVAGirl87 I am so sorry for your D and for all of you. To think you are grieving the loss of your dog and now this - it’s too much. :heart:

1 Like

Probably Pitt, but those are 3 different schools in terms of vibe, setting, etc. What major? What is your kid’s preference?

1 Like

Really? That’s awesome. Where did you get that?

I went to a high school like that on the East Coast. I still remember someone telling my friend that they couldn’t believe that she “only get into UPenn, not Yale.” Perspective is often lacking among affluent suburban teens.

5 Likes

I hope the heartbreak is soon replaced by renewed excitement about someplace new.

8 Likes

That’s just too much pain for 24 hours. So very sorry.

4 Likes

Also would choose Pitt, but what are you looking for? Pitt is probably the highest ranked and is in an exciting city. Temple has lots of great opportunities as it is such a big school in a major city, but you will have to be very focused to find your way in the crowd. And Ursinus
 well, it is very different from Pitt and Temple in terms of size and geography. You really should visit each one!

@NOVAGirl87 I’m so sorry for the loss of your dog and the sting of the UVA decision
the two coming together at holiday time in this particular year is definitely a lot to deal with.

2 Likes

Hugs, momma!!

I am so sorry. Sending Hugs to your D!

Well I have a Blue Jay in my house! D21 was accepted to her ED school as well as into their BME program. It appears COVID and the defers from the class of 2024 may be impacting the class of 2021. According to their news release, the ED applications were up 11% for the class of 2025. BUT they accepted 162 LESS students. For ED Class of 2024 there were 682 Admits and for Class of 2025 there were 520. Wow

28 Likes

D21 got into Williams ED- so grateful to God. I don’t even know what else to say, but thanks to each one of you for this community.

35 Likes

Do I have to go search Blue Jay mascot? Lol. Congratulations!

Yea! So happy for you guys!

1 Like

@homerdog HAHAHA, Johns Hopkins

13 Likes

@Mwfan1921 and @sotubotu,

D is probably will be in Biology (premed track). D doesn’t have preference in term of school setting but she likes Pitt so far. We haven’t visited schools yet but plan to visit when it’s possible.

2 Likes

Holy cow!!! Congrats to your D!!!