Parents of the HS Class of 2021 (Part 2)

Congrats on JHU. Did she submit a test score?

1 Like

How do costs compare?

Pitt is hard to beat for stem, bio and premed

4 Likes

Wow!! Williams!!! Fabulous news for her, and you all are no doubt celebrating lots! Very happy for you all!!

2 Likes

Congratulations @EGHopeful and @purplemama!

2 Likes

Cost will be the same after scholarship. We still have to wait for a few more schools but want to learn more about the schools that D has been accepted. Wow, all 3 schools are in PA.

1 Like

I am so sorry- this is truly the worst year for applicants

1 Like

Congrats!!! That is awesome and you can just wear purple to support both!

2 Likes

Congrats, @purplemama and @EGHopeful! Big smiles😊

2 Likes

Congratulations!!

1 Like

Son got into Amherst. Very happy and thankful for the forum for letting me vent and for being able to know I wasn’t alone. Best of luck to everyone else. I will keep following and will be a supportive ear/eye!

26 Likes

Congratulations @EGHopeful and @purplemama

1 Like

Congratulations!

2 Likes

Congratulations! That is wonderful. We love Amherst. Reach out if you have any q’s.

2 Likes

Congratulations!

@gotham_mom You’re right. I went back and checked: It’s 129 total. It doesn’t affect the calculation I did but it puts it into perspective. Thanks for catching that!

2 Likes

Congrats to your son in Amherst acceptance!!!

2 Likes

Nope, she went TO for ACT/SAT but she did submit AP scores. Tests were cancelled 6 times before we gave up. The local AO does usually comes to her school (all girls catholic) so he knows it pretty well. She had to opportunity to attend his session in 11th grade, which I was glad she did considering this year they were pretty sparse. So he got a chance to meet her before reading her package, she also emailed him this past summer and asked a few questions and reminded him who she was. Daughter said only about 8 girls attended that session. Bonus for her!

5 Likes

congrats!! D18 is at Pitt for neuroscience on Premed track and loves it. Pittsburgh is great, very different from Philly. Collegeville is tiny, but has a cool art museum and sculpture garden on campus.

1 Like

so sorry

@MPT3D

Thanks for the great info. What I heard, Pitt is good school and I also heard Ursinus is good for premedtrack.

1 Like