Parents of the HS Class of 2021 (Part 2)

D21 accepted at Denver! University Scholar with $21k merit! First decision phew!

47 Likes

Congrats @homerdog. Excellent news!
And congrats to all the other acceptances too!

1 Like

Congrats to your D!!! So happy for her and you all!

2 Likes

Oh, Solstice. I bet that was definitely a message from your brother and he smiled at that news. Thanks for sharing it with us.

6 Likes

Yay, Homerdog!!! Congrats to your D!!!

1 Like

@homerdog – so happy your D has that first admit in!!

3 Likes

Congrats!!

Congrats to your daughter, @homerdog.

1 Like

Congrats!

1 Like

@Solstice155 Aww, that is so sweet about Catholic. I’m sorry to hear about your brother.

@homerdog Congrats on DU! Yay for the first acceptance!!

3 Likes

Congratulations!

1 Like

Congrats!

1 Like

Congratulations, @tellis6653 and @homerdog!!

2 Likes

Honest feedback please:
D21 got an email today from the head of the department she is interested in at an ivy . She loves this school, has done most of the app in the Common App, but not finished her app(needs to finish supp essay(s)), has sent them her SAT score(in-range, good score, one sitting) from College Board, and has had a short brief email exchange w the AO 2 months ago.

Does this really mean actual interest? Or just trying to boost RD apps? I am thinking the latter. She loves this school so much. Definitely top 2.
Note: “ivy” does not matter to us at all but just wanted to provide the context that this is a competitive school that seems to have plenty of apps already this season…

I had to wait to find out about Denver because D21 was at work! She got home and went running into her room and said she was late for an online stats tutoring session. She ran back when I shouted decisions were out though. She got in with $27,000 merit scholarship - exciting!

25 Likes

Thank you @123Mom123. :cry::heart:

1 Like

congratulations, @momtogkc!

2 Likes

@momtogkc Woohooo!!! :tada::tada:. Congratulations! Great merit, too! And, thank you. :heart:

1 Like

Congratulations to everyone on their admittances today!

3 Likes

@2Devils, what was the nature of the letter? Are they encouraging ED2, (is that even a thing at ivies?). Either way, I’d say they are interested, whatever the reason!

1 Like