Parents of the HS Class of 2022

My D22 got a CSU acceptance already too–for Chico. It’s a great school and a beautiful campus, but probably not her first choice.

8 Likes

D22 got her UC apps in last night (after much back and forth whether she would apply to the UCs at all) and the website was s-l-o-w. Fingernail biting, hoping that it wouldn’t crash mid-app. But she got it done and even went into the site a little bit later to add another campus.

8 Likes

We are in-state and still so much on the app we didn’t understand – google and CC especially @Gumbymom were lifesavers!

Good luck @lll1 and everyone!

4 Likes

I created a thread in the CSU General board. I’ll also create one for CSUSM.

Here’s the link to the general thread:

@Gumbymom - any chance of pinning it?

3 Likes

Thread pinned. :grinning:

1 Like

I see there isn’t a board for CSUSM. I’m going to just let the thread on the general board cover it.

1 Like

Yes, not all CSU campuses have their own board.

1 Like

S19 had access to the CV essay well before he sent his app in November 2018. I think they are on their website somewhere just not actually in the common app? Maybe it’s different now.

They are on the website, so you can write them…but it doesn’t seem you can apply for merit scholarships until you first submit the app! (merit deadline is tomorrow, 12/1, so main app has to be in by then)

Yes. Correct. You send in the app, get your portal and then I think they are in there.

1 Like

Think Homerdog is correct re Vandy, but S22 is in charge of his applications so I don’t know when he got access.

1 Like

BU was out for us because D22 not only wanted urban, but also a “campus feel.”
Vandy does a great job of having both. The campus is very beautiful (and surprisingly large), and you could easily feel like you are no longer in the city. That said, the West End area surrounding Vandy is very nice, but it’s not at all like BU/Northeastern/NYU. No skyscrapers and such. The dorms felt like the tallest buildings around, but true city-feel is not far away. It’s a great school and a great choice.

1 Like

The UC application deadline was extended one day, to Dec. 1. However, a student must have started the application by today, Nov. 30. Via Twitter:

https://twitter.com/UC_Apply/status/1465740500980228098

UC acknowledging their servers were overloaded last night.

2 Likes

I’m following the journey of those of you with students applying to UCs with fascination!

4 Likes

Wait til decisions are released. Heartbreaks, joy, shock, exhilaration. And no one knows more about the UCs than GumbyMom. We are all lucky to have GumbyMom as a go-to resource.

10 Likes

GoodGrief16, how is your daughter’s recovery coming along?

@Evie800 did your S22 consider Northeastern? It’s similar in many ways to BU, but it has a defined campus in the city. I graduated from BU and my D20 just couldn’t see herself there because of the lack of campus feel, but she loves Northeastern.

1 Like

You are so kind to ask. This has been a rough one, but progress is being made. She lost quite a bit of blood, and mild anemia is making her very tired. A bit of a challenge as she tries to get caught up, but her teachers are understanding. She has a Zoom interview tomorrow morning for the early assurance physical therapy program at one of her favorite schools. This is a make up for the one she missed immediately post-op. Not sure she will be at her best, but it is what it is.

10 Likes

Followed by the inevitable “do I still have until 11:59p Pacific Time?” Reddit posts. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

I hope the interview goes well!

2 Likes