Paying for TAMU with high EFC

@lessonwitch2 – you wrote the scholarship essays.most kids do. Beyond that I don’t really see what you did differently? ??

I didn’t say “you” were a fluke. You are clearly a fantastic kid and I have echoed that everywhere. Your situation of receiving a lot of scholarships is actually not a fluke-- because I’ve heard of kids getting great need based assistance from A&M before.

But for a student with a high EFC, there won’t be much there.

I’m done responding on this thread. I don’t want anyone to think I’m bitter-- I’m not. Just trying to reinforce to everyone out there with a high EFC and high stats that there isn’t really a lot of $$ at TAMU.

Best of luck and I wish you well!

Howdy I’m gonna repost this since I don’t think my reference back to the first post makes much sense .

• Finish your full application EARLY !! Aid goes away very quickly at A&M so the sooner you apply the sooner you'll be accepted and the sooner the scholarship committee will get your application before running out of aid.
  • Apply for the corp. At least to see how much they offer if he has little interest in it.
  • Apply for honors (university and departmental)
  • Ask your local prospective student center. If you ask them early they should have recommendation scholarships that they can give to students that they think really deserve them.
  • Apply for local Aggie Club scholarships that want students to come to A&M.
  • Apply for local scholarships. As many as possible. Try to finish all of your applications in Early fall, update anything you need to like test scores or rank in late fall and spend all of spring searching for local scholarships.
  • Make a goal to work part time to earn enough to pay tuition for attending Texas A&M (for first semester. ) if all else fails.
  • Abuse your high schools local scholarship office and take as many applications as you possible can.
  • If he is dead set on A&M, I recommend applying to parieview because it is REALLY easy to get full tuition if not a full ride to attend their. And since they are apart of the PSA program he can transfer to A&M two years later. If nothing else it is an accredited safety that employeers out of state think of as a direct A&M branch.

This is the “extra” work I did that most kids hate the idea of . Who knows maybe the Dallas AM club spread the word of my story to financial aid or something like that . I called and all of my awards are merit based and ** need blind ** from the university . Do what you will with this information class of 22 and beyond .but i hope it makes you apply.

Also @carachel2 I’m sorry my diction in that Last message was unnessarily rude .