PHYS 206

I’m a general engineering student who’s going to take PHYS 206 this spring and I would like to know who the best professor for this course is. Which professor do you recommend?
Thank you!

@robbienak have you checked the grade report for tamu? it list all of the profs and grade percentages. From there go look at rate my prof to get the students perspective on teaching style, what’s expected etc.

http://web-as.tamu.edu/gradereport/ From this link you’ll choose: “grade distribution” section. Find the department it’s in (science) and then scroll down the pdf until you find phy 206. Good luck

wait do you mean 208? there is no 206

The freshman year physics courses have changed, and 206/216 are now required.

I would look at last year’s classes (208 and 218) using AggieMomhelp’s link above. That’s all you can do as you are the first group to go through the new freshman curriculum :slight_smile:

@robbienak you might try the Aggie Reddit page. Being the new physics requirement for the current class of 2022, there is not any stats to look up regarding profs. Not many current students participate on CC as do on reddit and you will likely get answers there. Be prepared for a bunch of answers from current engineering students who are not aware of the new curriculum starting with your class. Maybe preface your question with “With the change of engineering curriculum for class 2022 and physics 206…”

@AggieMomhelp @chercheur @Thelma2 Thank you all for answering the question!!!