Physics 218 Advice

<p>

</p>

<p>What’d I tell y’all? :wink: Congrats to all your kids for sticking to it and keeping their grades up. </p>

<p>My advice really applies to most upper level engineering courses too. As long as you’re at/above the average, you’re almost guaranteed to get a B or A (C if you’re right at the average) since the professor can’t very well fail the whole class or give everybody C’s. Of course there are exceptions, but it would still be wise to not drop a course if you’re at the average. </p>

My son is a freshman in 218 this fall…did anyone have Mioduszewski as their professor as the word is no curve right now? Class avg last test was a 40 on exam 3…he was right below class avg on all 3 tests but has As on the lab, quiz and hw…he talked to prof before test 3 asking what it would take to get at least a c and she said to make a c on test 3 and the final… Same type of kid as others, made 1 B in all of high school but probably not prepared by his AP physics high school class… He is freaking out and I’m thinking professor wanted to see if he would quit… He has been going to A + the whole semester and has been putting in the work…has a B in calc and engr 11

If your son is right at the average like you said then he should be fine.